Thu 25th Apr: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

I am looking forward to seeing Swifty & Kevvie back at Saints both were fantastic players at Saints, i wanted neither to leave. I hope they both have good games but not enough to win the match for Fartown. 

3 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Saints to cut the Giants back down to size 

Yes let's hope so 

Really want this to be the end of the dull dominance of Saints' throttling defence dullfest

Hopefully it will be a Marster - class down that right edge all night

Huddy by 2 scores 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I am looking forward to seeing Swifty & Kevvie back at Saints both were fantastic players at Saints, i wanted neither to leave. I hope they both have good games but not enough to win the match for Fartown. 

Given Saints wing issues since Grace left, I'm surprised Swift hasn't made the move back to Saints. He just gets better and better in his career and is well in the conversation for being one of, if not the best winger in the league at the minute. 

As for the game, I think Saints defence will take it. Huddersfield have had some big games recently, some big wins and really impressive displays but it's a tough ask to keep backing up week after week in big away games. 

Saints by 8

18 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Given Saints wing issues since Grace left, I'm surprised Swift hasn't made the move back to Saints. He just gets better and better in his career and is well in the conversation for being one of, if not the best winger in the league at the minute. 

As for the game, I think Saints defence will take it. Huddersfield have had some big games recently, some big wins and really impressive displays but it's a tough ask to keep backing up week after week in big away games. 

Saints by 8

Not sure he'd get many trys at Saints the style of play they have lately. Saints to win due to their superior defence. 

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Tie of the round IMO.

Hudds are bang in form, Saints blowing hot and cold. Could see a Hudds win here.

Me too, although i don't think we will win i think we have an excellent chance though, it makes a change to be going to Saints expecting nothing but a battering, it could be just our luck we chuck our form out of the windown and lay down and let them trample us but i'm hoping it will be close, we have a few decent, unexpected wins over there in the new place so fingers crossed.

I fancy the Giants, as long as they bring their 2nd half Headingley game. Swifty is indeed probably the best winger in the league ATM, wouldn't have a problem seeing him add a few more to his tally. For all the talk, Saints are pretty much as dull to watch this season as last.

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

Saints by 8

Agree about Swift. He's a better player now than at any point in his career. Real blow for Hull when he left.

Really looking forward to this game. Huddersfield might have spluttered a bit earlier in the season but they're starting to look a good side now. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Thursday night RL is great when your club is not involved. 

We moan about it being a poor night to stage a game but then we don't half miss it when it isn't on.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Giants all the way for me; saints are as dull as ditchwater on attack. If the Giants get on top, saints will revert to the usual tactics 🙄 

24 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Agree about Swift. He's a better player now than at any point in his career. Real blow for Hull when he left.

Really looking forward to this game. Huddersfield might have spluttered a bit earlier in the season but they're starting to look a good side now. 

Replacing Adam Swift with Liam Tindall sums up Hull's recruitment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Giants all the way for me; saints are as dull as ditchwater on attack. If the Giants get on top, saints will revert to the usual tactics 🙄 

Is the saying ditchwater? I always thought it was dish water.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Are the usual tactics working hard and defending well?

Scored some really dull tries the last time we played Hudds . . . . .

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Does it matter, either describes this Saints team under the guidance of Wellens perfectly.

You know I think ditchwater is duller than dishwater so I'd like to know the difference.

Naiqama in for an early score

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.