Sat 4th May: SL: Leigh Leopards v Castleford Tigers KO 17:30 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 17:00

So pleased no one scored in  golden point time.Both teams deserved a point each in a game that kept interest levels throughout.Leigh deserved a point and how could you deprive Cas of one after showing such grit in keep coming back into it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Get rid of golden point. It offers nothing but sham way to end a league game. 

Agreed. Extra time just benefits the teams playing next week. Would not surprise me if these two on show get tonked!

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Something not right with Leigh. Mmmmmm !  

Can’t be reliant on Asiata for game management. Need likes of Lam, Moylan, mcnamara or Dwyer to step up and close these games out 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Can’t be reliant on Asiata for game management. Need likes of Lam, Moylan, mcnamara or Dwyer to step up and close these games out 

Not talking about the game Management. The team overall look down and uninterested, especially the first 25 mins. 

Lam next ? 

Edited by Snowys Backside

1 minute ago, Snowys Backside said:

Not talking about the game Management. The team overall look down and uninterested, especially the first 25 mins. 

Lam next ? 

The first 25 mins was awful, then the game changed when Ipape came on. But  we shouldn’t be giving them a sniff from 24/10

13 minutes ago, phiggins said:

'Dwyer' and 'game management' aren't terms you expect to see in the same sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The first 25 mins was awful, then the game changed when Ipape came on. But  we shouldn’t be giving them a sniff from 24/10

It happens, normally when you have a poor attitude. 

Cas stuck in. We didn’t ! 

20 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

It happens, normally when you have a poor attitude. 

Cas stuck in. We didn’t ! 

It does. Earlier on in the thread I mentioned us playing widnes at home in 2017.
The ability to come out on the right side of close games is massive. If we can’t close out a game at home to a team below us in the league, from the position we were in, then serious questions need to be asked 

Draw probably fair. Leigh wasteful at times, Cas great scramble defense and took their chances when they came. Great to see them battling to end - last year we would've collapsed at 24-10, but stuck at it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Out injured for another 6 weeks apparently 

😂😂. Of course he is.  

FFS, at least get your monies worth and move on 😂😂

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Any reason why Asiata didn’t / instructed to play ?  

Contract problems?

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Contract problems?

I don’t know. Lots of strong characters at the club but no point wasting what you currently have. 

After today’s performance in comparison to Catalans , damp squib comes to mind and that is taking nothing away from Cas. Body language terrible. Leigh were poor and backed off. 

Cas are tigers FFS, not Penrith Panthers. !  😂😂

Game was sheeite live - poor ref, poor attitude from Leigh and obviously a difficult week. This Aussie lad cant be better than we have for slowing a game down?

Needs sorting in training if Asiata is pulling one then deal with it - i dont believe he is but was genuinely unsettled by the amateur behaviour of Hull fc, Leigh are an easy target for speculation being SL new boys and winning the CCF - on a squad that has many OOC players

BBC Sport website headlines the game as a “classic”. Not sure I’d go as far as that, but it was pretty enthralling stuff on the whole. Cas absolutely deserved something from the game for their comeback late on and a point apiece was more than fair, even if it did take 10 minutes of nonsense to get there.

At 28-22 you could just see Leigh’s heads were down and overall lacking some leaders to be brutally honest, and the Cas equalising try felt inevitable in that sense. Took some nuts to land the kick, too, fair play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

BBC Sport website headlines the game as a “classic”. Not sure I’d go as far as that, but it was pretty enthralling stuff on the whole. Cas absolutely deserved something from the game for their comeback late on and a point apiece was more than fair, even if it did take 10 minutes of nonsense to get there.

At 28-22 you could just see Leigh’s heads were down and overall lacking some leaders to be brutally honest, and the Cas equalising try felt inevitable in that sense. Took some nuts to land the kick, too, fair play. 

Both kicks Matt were peaches !

Fair play to them, but we couldn’t tackle a paper bag in comparison to last week. Cas had all the time in the world.

Only one team in it to win in GP and couldn’t execute that either. Seemed like watching two different sides in a matter of 8 days. More happening behind the scenes me thinks 🤔

Just watched the game.  The recording stopped 2 minutes into golden point when Cas were on their fifth tackle about 10 yards from their own line.  So had to scroll through here - very slowly mind you and very tentatively - but glad to see we got a point.

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The lack of leadership is pretty irritating given how much experience is in the side, even without Asiata. Leutele forcing the play on golden point pretty much summed it up. Brain explosion from someone that should’ve been more composed. 

Need to learn to win without Asiata, who I suspect has played his last game for the club 

Watched till half time when Leigh had it all sewn up, so switched over to watch Haaland's demolition of Wolves.  Looks like I missed a decent second half.

Although I don't mind the Golden Point, equally I don't see the need in league games. Nothing wrong with a draw - or in the cup, replay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Just watched the game.  The recording stopped 2 minutes into golden point when Cas were on their fifth tackle about 10 yards from their own line.  So had to scroll through here - very slowly mind you and very tentatively - but glad to see we got a point.

If you’ve got the facility, go back to last night and press play on to the next programme and press play at the start. Should get the last 2 minutes.

11 hours ago, Just Browny said:

'Dwyer' and 'game management' aren't terms you expect to see in the same sentence.

Technically you didn't see them in the same sentence.

• Haha 1

Watched this back this morning, brilliantly entertaining game again, 2 belters in TV yesterday. Glad it ended a draw as neither team deserved to lose.