2025 Transfer Tracker

Any chance you can take this IMG nonsense to the IMG thread, it's so tedious. 

So I expect Hull have quite a lot of space in their cap now with the players that have left/are leaving, are we likely to see a squad rebuild for next season? Could be an interesting few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"And Beaumont, speaking before Leigh’s game against Castleford on Saturday, has taken a swipe at Hull for the timing of the announcement and attacking their behaviour regarding the announcement, saying Asiata has been ‘thrown under a bus’ by his future employers.

Beaumont said: “If it gets leaked or whatever, then you don’t acknowledge it. To see John thrown under a bus by the club he’s going to go to, in my opinion, by putting that out with a picture of him holding the cup with words that I think have been provided by his agent rather than him, it’s not really good behaviour from Hull

“But.. desperate people do desperate things and that’s what I put it down to, because they look pretty desperate.

“We’ve signed players that we’ve not announced. There’s a player that’s been signed from here that hasn’t been announced by their new club because the correct etiquette around it is that that business just remains private.”

Beaumont revealed that Leigh initially offered Asiata a one-year contract extension based on ‘medical knowledge’ and the player’s age with an upgraded salary, but initially changed their mind to offer him a two-year deal"

Surprised they’d only feel Asiata was worth an initial offer of one year. Something feels off about that. It just doesn’t make any sense to me but in his interview, Beaumont seemed to hint they’re worried about a potential injury issue. If that is true, they may well have been done a favour by Hull.

Presuming Beaumont is telling the truth regards future plans, him saying they’re planning on spending the full cap, filling the 3 marquee spots and having a top level coach should put fans minds at rest. As good as Asiata has been, I think you can probably replace him pretty well and less money if you know your stuff. The worry on that would be Lam going. His record of bringing fringe players over from the NRL is his biggest success. 

I think the Asiata signing was a message to Hull fans that the club is doing something, rather than nothing. They can’t be faulted for that imo given the picture that the results on the field paint to passholders.

Ive listened to Derek on a couple of YouTube videos and he came across pretty well however he really seems to chuck his toys out of the cot when nothing doesn’t suit.

15 hours ago, WN83 said:

Surprised they’d only feel Asiata was worth an initial offer of one year. Something feels off about that. It just doesn’t make any sense to me but in his interview, Beaumont seemed to hint they’re worried about a potential injury issue. If that is true, they may well have been done a favour by Hull.

So very true in that It could very well be that Hull have done Leigh a favour, as I said earlier in the thread John Asiata has cumitivly played one and a half games out of the last 16, his recent comeback which was for 20mins has sidelined him again for another 6 weeks, at 32 muscle injuries take that much longer to heal and reoccur on a more frequent basis if that is how your body reacts to the rigours of training and playing and the aging process. So Leigh could have committed to a weighty 2 year deal for someone who is going to keep a seat in the stand warm for much of the time, on the field John Asiata is as good if not better than any 13 in this country but sat in the stand he is no better than the many who just talk a good game.

15 hours ago, WN83 said:

Presuming Beaumont is telling the truth regards future plans, him saying they’re planning on spending the full cap, filling the 3 marquee spots and having a top level coach should put fans minds at rest. As good as Asiata has been, I think you can probably replace him pretty well and less money if you know your stuff. The worry on that would be Lam going. His record of bringing fringe players over from the NRL is his biggest success. 

You'd imagine that Hull have done their due diligence on the medical side. Asiata's injury problems go back to last season, where I'm pretty sure that he was nursed through games leading up to the cup final, and he missed games after the final with issues with both his calfs. Anyone that saw him warm up, or should I say not warm up last week will not be surprised to hear he picked up another injury. Hull must feel that it can be managed, much like Leigh did when eventually offering a two year deal. 

Beaumont's comments are slightly reassuring, but Lam's future really needs resolving one way or another. He himself must be getting bored of questions about it, and it becomes a distraction.

Catalans rumoured to be considering bids for Ash Handley, Daniel Tupou and/or Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-ash-handley-nrl-29116796

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Catalans rumoured to be considering bids for Ash Handley, Daniel Tupou and/or Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-ash-handley-nrl-29116796

DWZ over in SL would be great. Less convinced by Tupou. Has Makinson signed there as DWZ, Makinson, Tupou and Handley is a bit strange. 

14 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

DWZ over in SL would be great. Less convinced by Tupou. Has Makinson signed there as DWZ, Makinson, Tupou and Handley is a bit strange. 

I don't think the club's after all of them, but are sussing out potential wing signings.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

As far as I’m aware Makinson is a done deal if so they are probably only after one of the others. Unless they think DWZ could play fullback. 

Loads and loads and LOADS of off-topic posts removed. 

Folks, the clue is in the thread title: 

2025 Transfer Tracker

Stick to that subject in here please.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2024 at 20:29, WN83 said:

Personally I wouldn't be so sure that a one year contract was purely down to his health, but maybe more to do with the possibility of them not being included next year, easier to sustain an expensive 12 month contract (or end it like 2018) than 3 years 

10 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Personally I wouldn't be so sure that a one year contract was purely down to his health, but maybe more to do with the possibility of them not being included next year, easier to sustain an expensive 12 month contract (or end it like 2018) than 3 years 

But Leigh ultimately offered him a 2 year deal

On 04/05/2024 at 20:21, Damien said:

Sounds very bitter

Really in what way Damien?

He says he is made up for John Asiata and telephoned him to congratulate him on the value and length of contract he has secured for himself and his family.

AS FOR 2025 TRANSFERS He also said that in relation to midseason transfers that there is a protocol that clubs adhere to in not disclosing player movements in or out of clubs, Leigh have lost another player - unnamed - and signed 3 others also unnamed, so there could be up to 4 clubs including Leigh involved in those deals which the clubs have respected the protocol, Hull chose not to do which I fully understand as they are desperate as Mr B said to give their loyal fans some hope for the future, what is bitter about that?

21 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Holmes also on his way to Hull?

He would be another good signing and we definitely need to strengthen our second row, but we seem to be getting linked with the entire Leigh squad (and coach) at the minute so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

11 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Did they? I've not seen that 

Yes. The clip of Beaumont said we initially offered a one year deal, but increased it to two, but weren’t willing to match the pay and three years on offer from Hull

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

He would be another good signing and we definitely need to strengthen our second row, but we seem to be getting linked with the entire Leigh squad (and coach) at the minute so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

I would’ve liked to see us keep him. But he’s not played second row since the middle of last season. Been mainly a bench prop since then, but has done a good job there. Wouldn’t be surprised if we have a few players that we’ve offered one year deals to, that get two years elsewhere.