2025 Transfer Tracker

On 06/05/2024 at 15:24, Lowdesert said:

As much as I’d like to impressed, I aren’t with this one.  I suppose there needs to be some strength to provide a platform for the youth that’s coming through but, and with respect to OH, we need to be targeting players of a better standard now.

Fifita would do.

Off to the Roosters.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MZH said:

And Ollie Russell apparently.

That would make Reynolds an even stranger signing. Is he even going to play? Seen the quotes from Myler saying he will add depth, which suggests not.

24 minutes ago, phiggins said:

That would make Reynolds an even stranger signing. Is he even going to play? Seen the quotes from Myler saying he will add depth, which suggests not.

That is a weird signing,  he's a 6 to my recollection,  if trueman is back and you're trying to get him match fit, makes no sense bringing another stand off in

27 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

That is a weird signing,  he's a 6 to my recollection,  if trueman is back and you're trying to get him match fit, makes no sense bringing another stand off in

The only party in this merry go round that I can see this working well for is Cas. They've got a player off the wage bill that they don't want. Meanwhile, Hull KR appear to have loaned out one player that wont play and replaced him with someone else that won't play. While FC seem to have brought somebody in to also not play.

6 hours ago, phiggins said:

Aaron Bower reporting Hull offering Hardaker a multi year deal.

Myler has clearly implemented an extensive scouting system

Can’t they take him now ? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Even stranger when you consider KR paid Fev a "sizeable fee" for him only about 10 weeks ago.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, phiggins said:

Aaron Bower reporting Hull offering Hardaker a multi year deal.

Myler has clearly implemented an extensive scouting system

If Hull/Myler can’t see Hardaker is done they are in trouble. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

If Hull/Myler can’t see Hardaker is done they are in trouble. 

Agree. Put aside all his off field stuff (if you can). He just doesn't look like the player he was. Tbh I was half expecting him to go to Fev.

1 hour ago, wakeyranger said:

Agree. Put aside all his off field stuff (if you can). He just doesn't look like the player he was. Tbh I was half expecting him to go to Fev.

That's my concern, that he is a shadow of the player he was. If he was a model pro you could write it off as "not what he was, but loads of experience, will help the younger players develop, etc." And if he was still a top player you could gloss over his indiscretions. But this seems like worst of both worlds. A potential loose cannon who doesn't offer much on the field any more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MZH said:

That's my concern, that he is a shadow of the player he was. If he was a model pro you could write it off as "not what he was, but loads of experience, will help the younger players develop, etc." And if he was still a top player you could gloss over his indiscretions. But this seems like worst of both worlds. A potential loose cannon who doesn't offer much on the field any more.

I think he still has some good stuff in him, it’s just he reverts to taking easier choices more and more nowadays.  Human frailty, unfortunately.

Let’s hope there are caveats in his Contract in event of indiscretions, on & off the pitch.  There should be a number, ideally about a dozen +, but I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

I think he still has some good stuff in him, it’s just he reverts to taking easier choices more and more nowadays.  Human frailty, unfortunately.

Let’s hope there are caveats in his Contract in event of indiscretions, on & off the pitch.  There should be a number, ideally about a dozen +, but I have my doubts.

When he plays well, he is a good defensive centre. Played a big role in both the cup semi final and final last season. And had decent games defensively against Warrington and Cas recently. But those decent games are becoming rarer, and the sight of him on the floor after being trampled over by Tex Hoy was a pretty sad one. Looked like one of the player's dads had come on for a game.

On top of that, I don't think the pairing of him and Briscoe as a centre / wing partnership ever really worked. Most, if not all of Briscoe's tries were assisted by O'Brien, and when the play did go through Hardaker, the pass to Briscoe ended up in touch. And they never really defended kicks very well either

50 minutes ago, phiggins said:

When he plays well, he is a good defensive centre. Played a big role in both the cup semi final and final last season. And had decent games defensively against Warrington and Cas recently. But those decent games are becoming rarer, and the sight of him on the floor after being trampled over by Tex Hoy was a pretty sad one. Looked like one of the player's dads had come on for a game.

On top of that, I don't think the pairing of him and Briscoe as a centre / wing partnership ever really worked. Most, if not all of Briscoe's tries were assisted by O'Brien, and when the play did go through Hardaker, the pass to Briscoe ended up in touch. And they never really defended kicks very well either

Probably because he’s principally a FB.  

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Probably because he’s principally a FB.  

When was the last time he played regularly at full back? Thought he played at centre at both Leeds and Wigan before signing for Leigh?

He doesn't have the pace that he had in 2017 at Cas, his passing game isn't at the level that you'd expect from most full backs now, who mainly act as extra halves. And while his positioning after a break is still there on the occaisions he fills in at fb for Leigh, he's not actually making the tackles anyway.

29 minutes ago, phiggins said:

When was the last time he played regularly at full back? Thought he played at centre at both Leeds and Wigan before signing for Leigh?

He doesn't have the pace that he had in 2017 at Cas, his passing game isn't at the level that you'd expect from most full backs now, who mainly act as extra halves. And while his positioning after a break is still there on the occaisions he fills in at fb for Leigh, he's not actually making the tackles anyway.

Back end of last year, for Leigh, and also about 10 times in 2022.  Must have been games you didn’t go to 😉  Like I said, he can play, but imo he needs some kind of freedom to his game.  Unfortunately against the coaches wishes most of the time!  

Considering the ‘culture’ has been mentioned since Smith and now Grix have been in charge of coaching, this goes against changing it imo.  They say it, but don’t really understand how to change it.  I think that also applies to many people.  For what it’s worth, I don’t think Grix is the future either.  

24 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Back end of last year, for Leigh, and also about 10 times in 2022.  Must have been games you didn’t go to 😉  Like I said, he can play, but imo he needs some kind of freedom to his game.  Unfortunately against the coaches wishes most of the time!  

Considering the ‘culture’ has been mentioned since Smith and now Grix have been in charge of coaching, this goes against changing it imo.  They say it, but don’t really understand how to change it.  I think that also applies to many people.  For what it’s worth, I don’t think Grix is the future either.  

He didn’t play full back at the back end of last year. In fact he didn’t play at all back end of last year, he broke his hand. Hardaker was given the number 1 shirt, but O’Brien was first choice after only a couple of games.

As for your last sentence. Suspect it’s a question of whether Lam becomes the coach now, or next season 

18 minutes ago, phiggins said:

He didn’t play full back at the back end of last year. In fact he didn’t play at all back end of last year, he broke his hand. Hardaker was given the number 1 shirt, but O’Brien was first choice after only a couple of games.

As for your last sentence. Suspect it’s a question of whether Lam becomes the coach now, or next season 

Yeah, you’re right.  Records show he played at FB once in Feb, once in April 2023.  Against your opponents tonight actually.  10 times in 2022.  He’s played FB for the majority of his career though. 

Aaron Bower with a list of some of the player who have not yet been offered a new deal for next season.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/exclusive-list-of-super-league-players-not-offered-deals-revealed-including-wigan-warriors-hull-kr-stars

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson