Cup Final Ticket Info, anyone?

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Absolutely no availability now and all night. I've got a lot of sympathy for people at the RFL most of the time but this is utterly pathetic. How much revenue are they just p*ssing away through total amateurism?

Is it the RFL or Wembley though? I don’t know but it may not necessarily be the RFL’s fault, to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is it the RFL or Wembley though? I don’t know but it may not necessarily be the RFL’s fault, to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I can buy tickets for other Wembley events. Just tested for the England v Iceland football friendly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. This is a recurring theme at RL events that doesn’t seem to happen at other events.

• Like 4

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The RFL must be really unlucky because Manchester United are dicking  them around too. No BoD here Eddie.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Absolutely no availability now and all night. I've got a lot of sympathy for people at the RFL most of the time but this is utterly pathetic. How much revenue are they just p*ssing away through total amateurism?

I bought two tickets in the top tier at £20 each because that was all that was available,  I would have chosen much better (and expensive) seats had they been available.  If there are seats unfilled in the lower bowl on the day - and I'm sure there will be - then the RFL have only got themselves to blame for the loss in revenue.

• Like 3

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

It makes absolutely no sense for it to be Wembley. This is absolutely a RFL issue and they have a long track record of unrivalled screw ups on this front.

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

It makes absolutely no sense for it to be Wembley. This is absolutely a RFL issue and they have a long track record of unrivalled screw ups on this front.

They seem to be under the impression that creating a perceived scarcity of tickets leads to a fear of missing out and a rush to buy despite all evidence pointing to people not bothering if they can't get seats near where they want.

I looked on the site a couple of nights ago a if I was looking to book now I just wouldn't have bothered, the only seats showing were towards the back of the upper tier when we all know come game day there will be empty seats in many parts of the ground 

• Like 2

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Got mine through the RFL site on Sunday evening for me and the lad, not exactly where I wanted but not far off, no hassle at all.... 

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Ticket sales looking good at Warrington:

TICKET sales among Warrington Wolves supporters for the Challenge Cup Final have got off to an encouraging start.

Indeed, after less than 48 hours of sales, there will already be more Wire fans inside Wembley Stadium than the last time they reached the showpiece game.

The Wire booked their place by thrashing Huddersfield Giants 46-10 in Sunday’s semi-final, with a mouth-watering Wembley clash with neighbours Wigan Warriors to decide the fate of the trophy to come on Saturday, June 8.

Tickets went on sale to members immediately after the full-time hooter as part of a priority window, with the remainder going on general sale this morning.

And club sources have told the Warrington Guardian that already, the number sold already exceeds the total amount of Wire fans that were at the memorable 2019 win over St Helens, which was believed to be just over 5,000.

With general sale having only just started and with more than a fortnight still to go until the game, the prospect of Wire’s following being above 10,000 appears to be high.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/wolves/wolvesnews/24335862.warrington-wolves-fans-rush-challenge-cup-final-tickets/

5000?

• Haha 1

Surely they will close General sale until the clubs have sold them? they did for our game in Tottenham in 22, then re-opened general after a week or so of club sales.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Surely they will close General sale until the clubs have sold them? they did for our game in Tottenham in 22, then re-opened general after a week or so of club sales.

Its on June 8th... they can hardly hold it back for "a week or so" that would be madness.. 

so yes probably exactly what they have done.

Edited by RP London

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

Its on June 8th... they can hardly hold it back for "a week or so" that would be madness.. 

so yes probably exactly what they have done.

Why not? neutrals have had months to buy and i'm sure they will want to maximise sales from the competing teams fans first right now.

12 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

It really is pathetic, every year that same and they never learn. FFS just get all tickets available on sale

It really is run by effwits. The simpler system here is to give all club allocations in one go, and put the remainder on sale through the RFL. Every seat that is open should be for sale and be able to be purchased. If Wire, for example, are given 15k and then only sell 10k, then return them to the RFL at a certain date and route everything through the RFL in the last few days. 

On the Wire site you can only get single seats in certain categories, but I've no doubt that more will appear at some stage. 

If we have opened 65k of the stadium, every single ticket should be available right now. I accept that there will be central tickets, hospitality etc. but we are talking on a far grander scale than any of that.

41 minutes ago, daz39 said:

This game will likely have 20-30k empty seats, everyone who wants one will get one. Get them all on sale.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I can buy tickets for other Wembley events. Just tested for the England v Iceland football friendly.

Thanks. England v Iceland in a friendly though, who on earth would go to that. 

Just now, Eddie said:

The tickets it offered me were £85!

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I've watched Wales vs Iceland in a football friendly, tbf.

Tickets for this game went on sale to the general public in February. I bet there's more there than the challenge cup final will get. Try buying a ticket for France v England in RL next month

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

I've watched Wales vs Iceland in a football friendly, tbf.

Tickets for this game went on sale to the general public in February. I bet there's more there than the challenge cup final will get. Try buying a ticket for France v England in RL next month

One of the things the FA have done very well is create a market for men’s and women’s home internationals. It wasn’t always there and they have done an excellent job of making the games events that people do go to.

I’m not paying £85 for friendly v Iceland but I’m sure plenty will.

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

One of the things the FA have done very well is create a market for men’s and women’s home internationals. It wasn’t always there and they have done an excellent job of making the games events that people do go to.

Yes I remember when England had 20k or less rattling round Wembley for Rous Cup games against Chile etc. £85 is absurd though, and there’ll be more than a handful of dimwits booing the Icelandic national anthem too. 

• Like 1

I was looking for tickets for me and 3 mates, not diehard RL supporters but we've all been to Wembley a few times. Just been on the RFL site and the only tickets are way up in the top tier corners.  We'd willingly pay for Cat 2 seats but none at all on sale. They'll probably find other things to do now for that weekend....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I'm guessing having 6 teams playing on the day and allocating sections of tickets to each teams supporters may also complicate.

I don’t think they allocate tickets to the 1895 teams, last year they were all over Wembley but then moved together behind the goals after the CC had finished and people had cleared off. 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The first thing you need to do achieve that is to scrap the constant double headers and lumping the men's and women's game in together. Both games need to be treated as standalone events in their own right.

• Like 3