Catalan refuse to sell Leigh any further match tickets

Catalan Dragons are refusing to sell any further tickets to Leigh Leopards supporters because they're worried their home match will feel like an away game!

"The club has no choice" Commercial Director Christophe Levy told L'Independant "If we continue, we will be invaded and we don't want to have the feeling of playing away, It's an important match, we especially need the supporters to support our Dracs"

Well well, so they don't want to fill their ground, "we will be invaded" if this is the way they want to treat fans of travelling clubs then I hope that the RL goes ahead and makes them pay all away teams travelling costs.

When we next play Catalan, I hope Mr Beaumont limits their travelling support to half of what they usually bring over, that should allow them to have 5 to 10 match tickets.😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Catalan Dragons are refusing to sell any further tickets to Leigh Leopards supporters because they're worried their home match will feel like an away game!

"The club has no choice" Commercial Director Christophe Levy told L'Independant "If we continue, we will be invaded and we don't want to have the feeling of playing away, It's an important match, we especially need the supporters to support our Dracs"

Well well, so they don't want to fill their ground, "we will be invaded" if this is the way they want to treat fans of travelling clubs then I hope that the RL goes ahead and makes them pay all away teams travelling costs.

When we next play Catalan, I hope Mr Beaumont limits their travelling support to half of what they usually bring over, that should allow them to have 5 to 10 match tickets.😏

5 to 10 should be more than enough, he should cut it to 2 to 4!!!! 🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

So the stadium is not at capacity and no other reason not to sell tickets other than what is said above? The RFL should be having a word.

Why though?

Just to say, you can still buy tickets for the Catalans game through the Leigh Sports Village website.

I'm just about to release seat G16 in block 9 having got it to the checkout stage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Just to say, you can still buy tickets for the Catalans game through the Leigh Sports Village website.

I'm just about to release seat G16 in block 9 having got it to the checkout stage.

Which makes the original statement from Catalans an even more bizarre thing to say. Admittedly, something may have been lost in translation though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Because it is the most negative statement from anyone involved in the game I think I have ever heard!

Don't agree.  Just helping a few more fans unused to train travel.

2 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Which makes the original statement from Catalans an even more bizarre thing to say. Admittedly, something may have been lost in translation though.

All it would take is for him to have been saying, "We should be stopping Leigh fans buying tickets because we don't want it to feel like an away game" and for the meaning to be, "Come on Catalan fans, don't be outnumbered, we need you ..."

I have no idea because I don't understand French remotely well enough.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Because it is the most negative statement from anyone involved in the game I think I have ever heard!

Really? That is the most negative statement you have ever heard from anyone involved in Rugby League?

Are you new to the sport?

• Haha 16

It’s called a maximum ticket allocation. The ground is virtually sold out and the remaining tickets are in the home section. What exactly is the story here?

• Like 7

Just now, JonNgog said:

It’s called a maximum ticket allocation. The ground is virtually sold out and the remaining tickets are in the home section. What exactly is the story here?

The story is that once again, the whole world is against Leigh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

maybe the experience of warrington fans is making Catalan sensitive to having away supporters in the home section... 

1 hour ago, JonNgog said:

Then why not put that in the statement and put a positive spin on this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

All it would take is for him to have been saying, "We should be stopping Leigh fans buying tickets because we don't want it to feel like an away game" and for the meaning to be, "Come on Catalan fans, don't be outnumbered, we need you ..."

I have no idea because I don't understand French remotely well enough.

Neither do I. Though, even the Catalan Media account on X (I don't know his name) has worded it as "Catalans close the gate on Leigh" and I assume his French is a bit better than mine.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Leigh sold out 7&8 and were then given 9which looks like about 300 sold in it so far, many had to buy tickets in Cats section until 9 was allocated we are in that number as are many more. All going well transport wise as a plane to Barcelona was withdrawn already stranding about 100 on it yesterday

1 hour ago, Tre Cool said:

Hopefully just a clever marketing ploy to get home fans to buy more tickets.  

This is my thoughts too. Realistically the odds on more Leigh fans looking for tickets 4 days before a game in France are going to be tiny as people who are going will already have everything in place.