Leeds Rhinos stars to appear in Aussie soap Neighbours

DoubleD

I don't suppose many people watch it these days, but great initiative by the Rhinos. Shows what can be done when you show a bit of initiative

http://www.totalrl.com/leeds-rhinos-stars-appear-aussie-soap-neighbours/

Three of Leeds Rhinos’ stars have landed acting roles out in Australia.

Ryan Hall, Kallum Watkins and Stevie Ward have bagged parts in iconic Australian soap Neighbours, which is based in Erinsborough, a fictional suburb in Melbourne.

The club contacted the show’s producers, who replied saying they’d re-write the show to get some of the players in the episode.

“We ventured across to the Neighbours set this afternoon and we enjoyed it,” Ward said.

“We got some acting done, we got some extras work done and we even got some lines. We appreciate them inviting us on and Leeds Rhinos being involved in Neighbours for the first ever time.”

Other members of Leeds’ travelling party enjoyed a tour of the set.

The episode is set to air in the coming weeks, with UK viewers able to watch on Channel 5.

A spokesperson for Leeds Rhinos' CEO's office said:

"It is important to stress that there is not unlimited scope to expand SL clubs' involvement in popular TV soap operas, and no scope for any at all from the championship, but it may just be acceptable for Catalans Dragons to seek a link with the popular Canal + rural soap, Val d'Emmer."

Good initiative from the Rhinos and, no doubt, a lot of fun for the players involved.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Yeah, but the fella's Yorkshire accent is so thick, that most Yorkshire folk can't understand him.  So the colonials have no chance.

his West Leeds Bramley accent .The locals where I live say its a nice Irish brogue 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Neighbours isn’t even shown on Aussie TV anymore and it’s basically just produced for a UK audience (where it isn’t as popular as it used to be).   Not knocking the idea of promoting the game as free publicity is great - but who will we be exhibitioning the sport’s stars to, exactly?   Some housewives?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Neighbours isn’t even shown on Aussie TV anymore and it’s basically just produced for a UK audience (where it isn’t as popular as it used to be).   Not knocking the idea of promoting the game as free publicity is great - but who will we be exhibitioning the sport’s stars to, exactly?   Some housewives?

Exhibitioning them to some housewives ? Interesting storyline ...?

Archived