Cunningham "get rid"

Col81

When are saints going to wake up and get rid of Cunningham, Altea Vea plays blinder for Leigh, we should this guy inside out yet he walks through us!!!! Savelio has lost weight and become a very good player in the space of a few games looks a lot fitter and playing full games not 20 mins here and their, then to top it off Luke Douglas (never injured) gets the Saints jinx too. Mcmanus needs to wake up and sort this sinking ship out. Whats peoples thoughts??

It might be that the statue would do a better job, but don't be hasty - give him at least a couple of more seasons to prove himself.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

At the very least he should get rid of the headphones.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Keiron Cunningham always has an anxious expression on his face, as if he has bad constipation. His unpleasant appearance does him no favours with the general public, but that should be no basis for firing him. I think we have to wait and see. His performance after 11 rounds will tell us whether he is doing well or not.

There's been some poor individual player performances over the last few years and there's been a fair turnover of players so it's got to the point now where Cunningham has exactly the team he wants and they play exactly how he wants 

The one constant in the poor performances over the last few years is the coach. They've gone from being the entertainers to the most boring team in the league and Cunningham is turning fans away from the club. This is my 33Rd year of going to Saints and for the first time ever I nearly didn't bother getting a season ticket. 

Cunningham was one of the greatest players to ever wear the red vee, but sadly he's just not got what it takes to be a head coach of a top club. If he cares for the club as much as he says then he should step down. Unfortunately he still believes his own hype and can't see his own failings, and until mcmanus grows a pair and starts listening to the fans then it looks like we're stuck with him and at least another year of c##p rugby and no trophies.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He should stop listening to music during games and so he can concentrate more

Nicked from Twitter...

C5sV6CLXMAEz4Bc.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

There's been some poor individual player performances over the last few years and there's been a fair turnover of players so it's got to the point now where Cunningham has exactly the team he wants and they play exactly how he wants 

The one constant in the poor performances over the last few years is the coach. They've gone from being the entertainers to the most boring team in the league and Cunningham is turning fans away from the club. This is my 33Rd year of going to Saints and for the first time ever I nearly didn't bother getting a season ticket. 

Cunningham was one of the greatest players to ever wear the red vee, but sadly he's just not got what it takes to be a head coach of a top club. If he cares for the club as much as he says then he should step down. Unfortunately he still believes his own hype and can't see his own failings, and until mcmanus grows a pair and starts listening to the fans then it looks like we're stuck with him and at least another year of c##p rugby and no trophies.

Who would you have instead?  Agar?

10 hours ago, Manx RL said:

That's quite some gate. 

I'd say over the last few years, and this year in particular the way Saints now play has probably lost the club around 1500 fans. When you add up the ticket price, food, drink, merchandise etc. that those fans brought to the club then your probably looking at around £23-24K+ a game that the club has lost due to the way Cunningham has the team playing. Over the course of a season then your looking in the region of around £350K of lost revenue so Col81's suggestion of splashing £1/2M to bring in a top coach like Powell isn't such a silly idea as they'd probably recoup that money in 1 1/2 seasons.

People do not look at the bigger picture we should of got a nice fee for Savelio!! that would contribute, but no they let him go, then they dress up Greenwood leaving by us getting Taia. Can anybody tell me a player that Cunningham has managed to get a tune out of? I CANNOT THINK OF ONE.

I don't think Cunningham was the right appointment 2 years ago. Yes he'd served as an assistant coach under some pretty experienced guys but that doesn't really prepare you for being a head coach at a top club. Look at Powell, something of a disaster at Leeds, went away & learned his trade in the Championship as a head coach and when he then stepped back up to SL  he looks every bit a top class coach.

Would have prefered Cunningham to have done something similar to be honest with a view to him then coming back to Saints a few years down the line as head coach. At the moment he's learning as he goes and a club like Saints where success is expected you can't really afford to have someone so inexperienced at the top job. He just looks out of his depth at the moment.

I think Wellens will find himself in a similar position a few years from now. He's an assistant at Saints now, part of the England set-up, and is studying on the National Elite coaching course. I just hope he leaves the club in the next few years and takes on a head coach's role at a Championship club for 2-3 years, then returns to Saints as a head coach.

What saints have forgot is sport is about entertainment and winning and we have neither. I had a season ticket and cancelled it after watching Cunninghams first year. I bought all the merchandise now it's o Neil's I don't bother. But it hurts that the once great club is slowly dying. I have other hobbies boxing and cricket, I've never been to a boxing match but I will put my hard earned cash into that instead of the dross at the "totally boring stadium"

Archived