Mon 17 Apr: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss the Easter Monday Kingstone Press Championship games here.

MONDAY 17TH APRIL 2017

Batley Bulldogs v London Broncos KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm
Halifax v Oldham KO 7.30pm
Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams KO 7.30pm
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm
Toulouse Olympique XIII v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 4pm (CET)

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss the Easter Monday Kingstone Press Championship games here.

MONDAY 17TH APRIL 2017

Batley Bulldogs v London Broncos KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm
Halifax v Oldham KO 7.30pm
Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams KO 7.30pm
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm
Toulouse Olympique XIII v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 4pm (CET)

I'll predict:

London

Featherstone

Halifax

Sheffield

Swinton

Hull KR

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Expecting a shalacking but looking forward to seeing the continued progress of the game's next super stars...

Everything you need for an away day at Fev.

image.thumb.jpeg.129aeefb9aa08db80a055e471dc326a7.jpeg

Happy to note that you've remembered your "Bulls Tax".

Don't think we're charging extra to sit in the stand this time.  Why not spend your £2 windfall on a cup of tea.

I think you'll do us on Monday.  I think we probably expended far too much energy trying to win a totally un-winnable game on Friday.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Happy to note that you've remembered your "Bulls Tax".

Don't think we're charging extra to sit in the stand this time.  Why not spend your £2 windfall on a cup of tea.

I think you'll do us on Monday.  I think we probably expended far too much energy trying to win a totally un-winnable game on Friday.

£2 for a cup of tea!  You've got some front down there.

I'll be astonished if we win.  We can't even name a full squad of 19.  We've got some cracking kids though so watch out for those..

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Good team Fev. They out enthused us and played well on Friday, to the extent that the best team most probably lost.

They played the tactic of kicking any close range penalties, which nearly worked for them. They could possibly have won, had they backed their skills with the ball in hand.

As for us having seen the squad for the Toulouse game I would be surprised if the winning run continues. Only 5 players have squad numbers under 17

Tough ask for London to go to Batley , IMO best result of the ill starred Rob Powell era was the challenge cup win there in the wind and rain which with the slope makes the difference. Not a ground to be forward lite.

Hendo said they needed a win to turn things around. They got the big win but that was then this is now. I hope this Janet Jackson number is on the team bus going up  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uizdKZAGE

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Fev 38-0 up at half time. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Far better 2nd half from Bradford, and ill-discipline from Fev who slacked off considerably. 44-18 final score.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Awesome stuff - Broncos flying as well today. The Middle 8s are going to be tough this year...

If Toulouse get 2nd I understand they get 4 home fixtures. If that is London, Featherstone, Widnes and Huddersfield then that is going to be fun.

Predictable beating for a patched up Bulls today, somewhat mitigated by a better 2nd half (which may just have been Fev slacking off..)

With Swinton and Dewsbury getting wins over Easter we are actually worse off than we were a couple of weeks ago, and fast running out of fit and available players. If the owners want us to stay up it is going to require investing in a couple of experience forwards - although heaven only knows where we'd find them!

19 minutes ago, Monkeydo said:

Certain people are going to have some fun with the Toulouse result. And a certain person must be unintentionally  itching to nibble on the hooks ?????

Really?!?!

Can't think what you mean.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Results:

Batley 4:42 London Broncos
Featherstone Rovers 44:18 Bradford Bulls
Swinton 23:22 Rochdale Hornets
Toulouse 14:6 Hull KR

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Swinton v Rochdale looks like it was a nail-biter!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joan of Arc, Charles de Gaulle, Napoleon, Eric Cantona, Charles Aznavor, Toulouse le Trec, Marcel Marcel, Jes suis Charlie, Henri la Conte, Sacha Distel, Renee, Arsene Wenger, Zenedene Zidane, the Eiffel Tower...

Your boys gave out one hell of a beating!!!!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

London getting back in the race with an impressive result at Batley.

Not surprised by the Toulouse result not many sides will come away with the points down there this season and KR had a few injuries.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived