havenhater

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Perry WHITELEY , i’d have him back in a flash 

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Perry WHITELEY , i’d have him back in a flash 

100% him at centre in our league would rip it up. Just couldn’t have him and hambley on the same side in defence. Not going to happen though, left disillusioned with the club along with a few others last summer 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Perry Whiteley really ? What we need at the moment is tacklers . If you aren`t winning games sort your defence out and the rest will follow .When Ray Ashton first took over he prioritised  defence especially in the middle.......Colin Armstrong , Mark Roskell ,Colin Falcon ,Alan McMullen ,Martin Oglanby ,Peter Riley , Ian Scott were tackling machines and opposition teams were tackled to death . Salford won our league that year losing only one match , at Town 7-0 .We stopped them in their tracks , maybe not pretty but defence wins games .

thats because tackling can be taught , natural go forward and attacking is more of a you either have it or you never will skill , so its no good drumming defence into players and having a great defence if they cant penetrate lines and strike in offence . 

On 10/8/2017 at 1:29 PM, westizbest said:

Good riddance to coward .. been making numbers up for seasons 

That's very harsh IMO. I'm sure the majority of us would like to thank Chris for his services and wish him all the best for the future.

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Perry Whiteley really ? What we need at the moment is tacklers . If you aren`t winning games sort your defence out and the rest will follow .When Ray Ashton first took over he prioritised  defence especially in the middle.......Colin Armstrong , Mark Roskell ,Colin Falcon ,Alan McMullen ,Martin Oglanby ,Peter Riley , Ian Scott were tackling machines and opposition teams were tackled to death . Salford won our league that year losing only one match , at Town 7-0 .We stopped them in their tracks , maybe not pretty but defence wins games .

Maybe so but we scored some great tries that year too. McClean, Penrice, Smith, Wear  and Lowden scored plenty but they could all tackle.

10 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

It was reporting Kris Coward going over to the dark side.

Kurt maudling as supposed to have switched the other way had no luck last year bided his time when he eventually got his chance got that injury think it was his wrist

On 08/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, Havenwarrior said:

Kiln7 is a close family relation to Callum and if he says we have lost him,you can bet it is right.Sorry to lose him,but one will go and another will come to town....

HW

5 hours ago, kiln7 said:

looks like we have lost callum to haven

I've heard callum to haven, tee to Newcastle and Brett to retire

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

We have looked after the lad after suffering that terrible injury on their 3g pitch, we are his local side and we maybe need to think out the box here and if it's a financial thing for Tee then maybe a playing, combining a role in the community set up may be the way to go.  What better example than having Tee doing the schools,colleges  etc

He's box office when he gets that ball and I'd like to think he'l be a part of the new squad. I'm sure the BOD will try their upmost to keep him. 

If we have signings done and dusted then I think it's better to announce them quickly on this occasion as anybody we do want to keep may just be swayed by a show of ambition and by the standard of the recruits. 

I understand the drip feed notion for the fans to keep interest uo to the season but there are unfortunately a lot of concerned fans right now so as I say I'd give us something to smile about. 

Archived