Leigh Centurions sign Kurt Baptiste

5 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Hardly worth the effort.

Was it a (futile) attempt at wit?

A puerile dig, on the (false) assumption that I'm as childish as you?

If my team was ever admitted to super league, I hope it would be on the premise that it might represent growth and a strengthening of the competition. Meanwhile I'll carry on enjoying my rugby amongst some very nice people: that's pleasure enough in itself.

Oh ah missus,

You never miss an opportunity to have a go at Leigh, it seems you derive great satisfaction from it, at the mere hint of being on the receiving end you turn all protectionist, displaying no different of a reaction than most supporters do for their team. 

If you reply that the "yo-yo" comment was not meant to be derogatory to Leigh, sorry but I would not believe you,

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Oh ah missus,

You never miss an opportunity to have a go at Leigh, it seems you derive great satisfaction from it, at the mere hint of being on the receiving end you turn all protectionist, displaying no different of a reaction than most supporters do for their team. 

If you reply that the "yo-yo" comment was not meant to be derogatory to Leigh, sorry but I would not believe you,

Really?

It was meant to be critical of their status as a yo yo club. 

Your attempt at whatever it was, was a poor one, unless you are a ten year old: and the evidence is strong.

If you wish not to appear childish yourself tongs then I suggest you don't freely admit to randomly being critical of leigh.Stick to the subject in hand or start a "I dislike leigh for no real reason and just want to be critical" thread please

6 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

If you wish not to appear childish yourself tongs then I suggest you don't freely admit to randomly being critical of leigh.Stick to the subject in hand or start a "I dislike leigh for no real reason and just want to be critical" thread please

I am critical of the yo yo syndrome, not Leigh. 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What this last few weeks has shown is what a shocking recruitment policy Leigh had last year. Quality signings are out there if you look hard enough. Leigh have made some great signings.

How have we been able to make these signings , apart from the financial aspect ? 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What this last few weeks has shown is what a shocking recruitment policy Leigh had last year. Quality signings are out there if you look hard enough. Leigh have made some great signings.

Interestingly a lot has been mentioned it being due Kieron Cunningham.....

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Well I think the backroom shake up half way through last season has probably had a big impact. Bigger contact book and presence.

Credibility 

All started with Fui , then being associated with Hayne , then a competitive season in SL 

If you're ' IN ' you get to be known , if you're ' OUT ' nobody knows or cares 

Maybe yoing can work 

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

It’s great when you have an extra 500k compared to your competitors in the league, even when it was supposed in to honour existing contracts ?

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It’s great when you have an extra 500k compared to your competitors in the league, even when it was supposed in to honour existing contracts ?

I suppose there isnt a right lot Leigh can do when certain players want SL rugby.

They could have done and tried harder to keep Leigh up. Irrespective, a few have re- signed from last season but lets see how it goes.

I must admit, next years side is very youthful and look better on paper. The championship will be a belter of a league next year and I see nothing but fireworks when Toronto come to Town.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

I agree and this Baptiste fella could give the Wolfpack some trouble (hes good)...going to be great seeing these two teams go at one another.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:51 PM, Clinton Baptiste said:

There is a John out there

is that the equivalent of "You're from Canada? Do you know Doug?"

You always answer that with an "Oh yeah Dough! He's dead, his pet beaver killed him."

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

is that the equivalent of "You're from Canada? Do you know Doug?"

You always answer that with an "Oh yeah Dough! He's dead, his pet beaver killed him."

Why would Dougs wife kill him?

12 hours ago, Spidey said:

I believe the idea behind the parachute payment, which was agreed to come from SL clubs themselves well in advance of Leigh's relegation was to protect the relegated club from falling too far in standards. It's nothing to with keeping specific players. 

It was only a few years ago when the Leigh club personnel had a 'pop' at other clubs being full of overseas players,and Licensing was brought in amid claims of developing local talent and benefiting the national side.

Neither French club,Catalans in Super League or Toulouse in Championship,are seemingly bringing French talent into their respective clubs.

Since Licensing improvement in stadia has hardly made great improvement and the national side still trail behind Australia.

It would appear that Derek Beaumont knows what is required - off the field- for Super League requirements.

It would also appear,that even in September of this year,the parachute payment to Leigh had not been finalised -

Speaking to BBC Radio Manchester, Beaumont continued: "If it is Catalans that go down, or Leigh, as a group of Super League clubs I think we need to ring-fence them with a parachute payment so there's less of a burden on the club. 

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41433918

Also in September,Beaumont wrote the following in his column - 

For me I think the bottom team should play the top Championship team and that gives you jeopardy but there has to be a proper parachute payment in that first year so as not to put clubs to the sword if they go down.

Source - https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2017/09/05/the-derek-beaumont-column-3rd-september-2017/

As Derek Beaumont had the salary cap adjusted and seems to run the RFL,it will be interesting if the one up and one down applies at the end of the 2018 campaign.

Whether reserve sides/academy teams are put in p-lace at Leigh will probably indicate if they are to be brought in with any new Licensing criteria.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

16 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was only a few years ago when the Leigh club personnel had a 'pop' at other clubs being full of overseas players,and Licensing was brought in amid claims of developing local talent and benefiting the national side.

Neither French club,Catalans in Super League or Toulouse in Championship,are seemingly bringing French talent into their respective clubs.

Since Licensing improvement in stadia has hardly made great improvement and the national side still trail behind Australia.

It would appear that Derek Beaumont knows what is required - off the field- for Super League requirements.

It would also appear,that even in September of this year,the parachute payment to Leigh had not been finalised -

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41433918

Also in September,Beaumont wrote the following in his column - 

Source - https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2017/09/05/the-derek-beaumont-column-3rd-september-2017/

As Derek Beaumont had the salary cap adjusted and seems to run the RFL,it will be interesting if the one up and one down applies at the end of the 2018 campaign.

Whether reserve sides/academy teams are put in p-lace at Leigh will probably indicate if they are to be brought in with any new Licensing criteria.

I actually agree with the concept of the parachute payment. However, as you mentioned about the Championship salary cap, the RFL does seem to fold like a pack of cards when challenged. Same with Marwan and the marquee signings campaign.

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Has Sweaty Craig finally opened his wallet. 

:D 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived