Kato Ottio

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tragic loss of life at such a young age. Condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Absolutely terrible , Such a young man gone far to early.

RIP such a shame.   Will be remembered for his love and enthusiasm for the game and the achievement of playing in the pinnacle competition of our sport.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

13 minutes ago, Bomb Jack said:

Widnes have started a page to raise funds for his loved ones.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/53703/remembering-kato

I've given. Not much, given my current situation, but remember that a little goes a long way in PNG.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Okay, I donated less than ten minutes ago, and the total's already gone from £500 to over £800. When/if Antipodean fans discover the CrowdFunder site in a few hours, I'm sure there'll be a further spike.

Post this link everywhere you can: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/rip-kato-ottio

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Okay, I donated less than ten minutes ago, and the total's already gone from £500 to over £800. When/if Antipodean fans discover the CrowdFunder site in a few hours, I'm sure there'll be a further spike.

Post this link everywhere you can: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/rip-kato-ottio

Heading for the £2,000 mark already, while his friends and fans Down Under are still asleep. I think we'll see that initial £5,000 target bump up to the next level very soon.

Plus there's over 30 days to go on the campaign, so some more tightly-squeezed donors may hold off 'til payday to chuck in a few pounds/dollars.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

the bloody irony of life, had the poor lad come over a few days earlier to widnes, heat stroke would have been the last thing to have claimed the life of such a talented young athlete as he,    hardly any consolation I know, but at least he left a mark and a bit of a legacy at the wc and will be remembered for his achievement - sad- horrible - unjust- words  dont begin to describe or make any sense at this time , very very sad

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived