Hummel

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’m pretty sure Mark Foster would have been involved with making the decision, doubt the CEO would be doing that, other than signing it off. Have had dealings with Mark, I know too well that he’s well aware of how poor BLK were so I’m sure he would be keen to ensure whoever replaced them met certain criteria 

Isnt Foster working for SLE now or is he still looking after some RFL stuff?

It would be good to read some evidence from Monkey Lover to back up the assertions. Otherwise they are baseless and possibly actionable. The meaning is perfectly clear, no matter how its dressed up. Perhaps ML had a dog in the fight....and lost?

55 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Not at all, nothing to do with the process. I’m also perfectly happy with my sources and the comments I’ve made. 

If people can’t see it for what it is then that’s not my problem. As I eluded to in my previous tweet, can you imagine the FA or RFU speaking to 4 credible candidates for 2 years and then suddenly when a decision has been promised a totally illogical entry is brought in that wins the contract? Or do you think maybe those governing bodies might have selected one of the best companies based on their ability to prove a track record of success?

As you don’t know what Hummel are bringing to the table, I don’t think you can comment. Having a closed shop of suppliers is not always a good thing 

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

Not at all, nothing to do with the process. I’m also perfectly happy with my sources and the comments I’ve made. 

If people can’t see it for what it is then that’s not my problem. As I eluded to in my previous tweet, can you imagine the FA or RFU speaking to 4 credible candidates for 2 years and then suddenly when a decision has been promised a totally illogical entry is brought in that wins the contract? Or do you think maybe those governing bodies might have selected one of the best companies based on their ability to prove a track record of success?

Good for you. You might be happy with your sources and your comments.  Maybe, just maybe we "cant see it for what it is" really is your problem: one of credibility and evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Smeaton said:

The NCL now run by the RFL have just signed a three year deal with kit suppliers Rhino, and the governing body sign a deal with Hummel don't they talk to each other?

Not sure what your point is? What’s wrong with having 2 different suppliers for different comps?

2 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

But didn't you say that errea were one of the bids? Their UK licensing is with you isn't it?

41 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

I know exactly what they are bringing to the table, it was disclosed at the recent chairmen’s meeting. 

Or are those sources not strong enough for you? Do you need a written breakdown from Ralph Rimmer? 

Yeah that would be good, I’d be very interested to know what their bid entailed 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

He was still actively involved last year. Think the roles have very grey lines in the RFL/SLE 

This is my perception too. Insular and secretive - not a wonderful combination for growing RL as a national sport :mellow:

It seems Hummel like to do it tough.They have,in the past,supplied football kit to North Korea,Afghanistan,and the 5 years deal with Charlton Athletic,is at a time when the club supporters are boycotting purchasing merchandise as they are in dispute with the club owners.

I do fail to see why a company like Hummel require the services of Elite Group - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mark-underwood-71908326

Why don't they just deal direct?

I like the details in the penultimate paragraph of the attached link where Hummel supply 75 schools a year with the kit and the school partnership with the local club - https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5960ad5fb712a/charlton-athletic-and-hummel-reveal-match-kits-to-be-worn-in-ireland-next-week

The Charlton fans forum contains a few sweary words,amongst 42 pages of views - http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/75327/new-5-year-kit-deal-with-hummel-away-kit-revealed-pg-19/p6

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

As you can imagine it went down a storm at the clubs meeting when it was announced a few months back. They didn’t even have a picture of a team playing in Hummel to use (because they ain’t made a rugby kit since cameras became full colour I think) so used a picture of a Scandinavian soccer club to announce to the chairmen the deal.

national-rugby-league-cowboys-team-toyota-hummel-jersey-harvey-norman-mens-med-3ffac2e5ee73342bbaff87f0016c2c84.jpg

Would be good to get a bit of clarity as to whether the deal is actually with Elite, or actually Hummel in Denmark.

If its with Hummel and Elite are just providing off field 'fan' apparel thats cool with me.

If Elite are providing on and off field apparel, including playing kit, i'd be a bit concerned about the quality and process of what can be produced. That being said Charlton are probably using Elite also, as the UK license holder.

Hope the deal is with Hummel in DK.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

44 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Would be good to get a bit of clarity as to whether the deal is actually with Elite, or actually Hummel in Denmark.

If its with Hummel and Elite are just providing off field 'fan' apparel thats cool with me.

If Elite are providing on and off field apparel, including playing kit, i'd be a bit concerned about the quality and process of what can be produced. That being said Charlton are probably using Elite also, as the UK license holder.

Hope the deal is with Hummel in DK.

The press release had a quote from the Hummel CEO rather than a regional officer. I can't access some of their sites at work, so not sure of their structure:

Hummel chief executive Allan Vad Nielsen added: “Over the next four years we will endeavour to connect with players and fans across all ages, levels and standards of rugby league. We look forward to promoting England rugby league both domestically and internationally during our partnership and to delivering innovative, bold-looking and functional products both on and off the field.”

When they signed up with Charlton Athletic the press release featured a quote from Tom Sinclair, sport market manager for Hummel UK and Ireland

Probably nothing interesting in this at all :biggrin: 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Hummel chief executive Allan Vad Nielsen added: “We look forward to promoting England rugby league both domestically and internationally during our partnership and to delivering innovative, bold-looking and functional products both on and off the field.”

Uh-oh.

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

Chevron-Tastic! Do do some nice gear and hopefully will be able to get hold of it...used to like a bit of hummel back in the day. Blk were ok, just obviously rubbish at actualy getting hold of it recently! Now if only they could sort out some car stickers etc?

I just hope they're not connected with the Hummel Figurines company. A Google image search reveals the full horror.. although, with their experience in chinaware, they might be able to furnish a certain TRL member with that mug that is his 'Rosebud'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm looking forward to seeing what the kits look like, both the players and referees outfits. The football club I follow (AFC Telford United) had hummel kit for a few seasons in the mid-2000's and the replicas I have are well made and still look good today.

If it's not broke,

Fix it until it is!

Come On You Dons!

Archived