2019 kits (Merged Threads)

2 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Oneills strike again

They must even have quantitative data of shirt sales against deigns (both in and outside the St Helens region)? They would do that right? I imagine St George is one of the most popular shirts bought by casual or neutral fans.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi, you Scubby, don't come on here throwing words like 'quantitative' around never mind expecting StEllens to have done market research, the only part they will recognise is the 'tat' bit in relation to their new kit?

I have this creeping dread that Wigan have decided, because of all the changes going on, to go for "something different" for 2019.

Or, as Spinal Tap once said at their lowest point, "hope you like our new direction".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I have this creeping dread that Wigan have decided, because of all the changes going on, to go for "something different" for 2019.

Or, as Spinal Tap once said at their lowest point, "hope you like our new direction".

Hopefully that something different involves dumping Errea.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm surprised about the disgust of the Saints shirts. Naturally I hate them, but I don't think there is anything offensive there from a Saints fans pov.

But the possibility to do so much better is there instead of the mediocre the club seems happy with and I'm no Saints fan.

13 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

But the possibility to do so much better is there instead of the mediocre the club seems happy with and I'm no Saints fan.

It isn't a bad shirt design, but it is certainly underwhelming.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can’t remember the last time we had one solid red v uninterrupted by a sponsor or that had part of the v missing on a Saints shirt, rather than a rehash of the 2003 shirt and a similar design to that in 2014. 

The picture of Walmsley in it makes it look horrendous but the replicas for fans improve it slightly but nowhere near making it passable. 

The away one is woeful. Unnecessary designs added on and a bit of a slap in the face to the shirt it’s based on when Meninga graced the shirt. 

22 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Not sure if I like them or not! 

45309834_2132599783424951_8348273597051043840_n.jpg

Oh no don't tell me Catalans who for years have had the best looking kits have been "O'nielled"...

Edit: having said that they actually look alright, mainly as with the proper collar and what looks like a bespoke design they are the opposite of most of the other O'niells kits.

13 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

It needs a  splash of blue, but it's ok. I guess. I see a number of French teams going with Oneills, wonder if the national side will end up the same. In all honesty a kit sponsor like Oneills should buy the rights to do all Elite 1 club kits.

Why does it need blue? The club colours are sang et or not sang, bleu et or.

rldfsignature.jpg

49 minutes ago, wackojacko said:

Think it's done to be symmetrical, Garcia and Bird are definitely shorter.

They could've just swapped Garcia and Bousquet around though... But anyway, I'm getting hung up on trivialities!

Kits look good. Catalans usually deliver the goods kitwise

16 hours ago, barnyia said:

Not sure if I like them or not! 

45309834_2132599783424951_8348273597051043840_n.jpg

Love them.. take the gold off and it would be a better saints shirt than the one they have opted for... ironically i would say if you made the 2 chevrons either side of the main red one on the saints shirt gold that would make a nice catalans shirt too.. (wouldnt mind seeing eagles in the catalans away kit!)

Archived