2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saints "O'Neill" shirts actually look good in terms of quality. From what I can see. Though what the hell is going on with the blue and white badge?!.. very strange.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why most people think ISC are the best RL kit maker.

Exactly. You see so many more people wearing Trinity gear since they switched. If you're not going with a Nike etc they're next best by a long shot.

8 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Warrington was purely down to money. Offered way more cash compared to the other brands talking to the club.

I'm not really sure what else there is to consider, apart from being able to ensure they can deliver the goods, and O'Neills have a proven track record there.

I'm not a particular fan of some of their kits, but these need to be commercial deals.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I'm not really sure what else there is to consider, apart from being able to ensure they can deliver the goods, and O'Neills have a proven track record there.

I'm not a particular fan of some of their kits, but these need to be commercial deals.

Absolutely. And the clubs do have a say in the kit design, they aren't simply lumbered with whatever the manufacturer sends them. They should be held accountable if the kit they choose is a stinker.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Do the clubs/kit suppliers do design research on the tastes of people who are more likely to buy the kits?

I always think that’s why many don’t hit the spot for me nowadays.

I prefer traditional designs from the 50’s and 60’s for some reason.

Always think there should be a traditional and modern alternative.

Dont even get me started on the Magic Weekend kits!

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think what else plays a part is O’Neills has an office in the Manchester area, so merchandise comes from the UK, whereas with ISC, it’s an Australian company and they’d ship stuff over, leaving clubs with a lot of leftovers that they’re scrambling around to get rid of. 

14 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I think what else plays a part is O’Neills has an office in the Manchester area, so merchandise comes from the UK, whereas with ISC, it’s an Australian company and they’d ship stuff over, leaving clubs with a lot of leftovers that they’re scrambling around to get rid of. 

Its still all made in Ireland so still shipping involved albeit a bit closer

12 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Do the clubs/kit suppliers do design research on the tastes of people who are more likely to buy the kits?

I always think that’s why many don’t hit the spot for me nowadays.

I prefer traditional designs from the 50’s and 60’s for some reason.

Always think there should be a traditional and modern alternative.

Dont even get me started on the Magic Weekend kits!

Could always introduce a heritage round with teams wearing a more traditional kit,with the option of producing 2 shirts,a playing replica and a cotton supporters one.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Could always introduce a heritage round with teams wearing a more traditional kit,with the option of producing 2 shirts,a playing replica and a cotton supporters one.

yes please... 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Loathe as I am to bring the other code in here, it's increasingly common in the top 3 divisions of RU for a cotton version of the "proper" shirt to be permanently on sale, with the playing kit continuing to be changed every year around it. I've got a Moseley one, for example. I don't understand why RL doesn't do this too - although saying that I've bought the new Trin shirt and last season's because they seem to have decided trad is the way forward for playing in...

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

ISC made the 2014 Saints Home shirt in cotton as well as the material typically used. It sold very well by all accounts. I don’t know why other companies don’t do the same or why clubs don’t demand these. 

Its always going to come down to money. Probably not enough demand for what it would cost to produce.

Also, you wouldn't really want two very similar items for sale as it could potentially cannibalise sales. Very very few would buy both.

A way around such a thing is you launch the 'cotton' version mid-season, when sales probably need a boost.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived