Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

2019 kits (Merged Threads)

10 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Growing up as a football loving kid i used to love hearing the names of Rugby League teams when watching final score. So many were so different to what i was used to with football teams and that made them seem really quite special. No united's, or city's and only one FC..

Names like Wakefield Trinity, Bradford Northern, Hull Kingston Rovers, Hunslet Club Parkside.. great names. I think a lot of teams lost out when being convinced, or told, to switch to American style nicknames. It worked for some (to some degree), but was terrible for others.

Were Hunslet ever called Hunslet Club Parkside? I can't ever recall them being called that. The first time I heard that was in reference to the amateur team.

rldfsignature.jpg

53 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

It was a very sad day for RL names when the Aberavon Fighting Irish packed up.

If you want to see Fighting Irish just head over to the Notre Dame athletics page and see the originals.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Were Hunslet ever called Hunslet Club Parkside? I can't ever recall them being called that. The first time I heard that was in reference to the amateur team.

No. The semi pro side was always just Hunslet (until Hawks was added in the 90s) - the Parkside element relates to the ground they played. Some people called them 'Parksiders' but for all my years when I lived in Hunslet it was just that - Hunslet. 

The amateur team's name derives from the merger of Parkside Junior RL team and the open age team Hunslet Old Boys, which all now runs out of The Hunslet Club. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

If you want to see Fighting Irish just head over to the Notre Dame athletics page and see the originals.

Can't. I'm a Crimson Tide man.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Can't. I'm a Crimson Tide man.

Good day for it.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

49 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Just the 6 new kits for NZ Warriors this year ?

download-4.jpg

download-3.jpg

download-5.jpg

download-1.jpg

download-6.jpg

download-2.jpg

But that Blue Red and Green shirt looks ace. With them being the "warriors" now for a few years and dropping NZ, I hope they do more on the old heritage of the original Auckland club. 

They must sell a lot of shirts!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

50 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

But that Blue Red and Green shirt looks ace. With them being the "warriors" now for a few years and dropping NZ, I hope they do more on the old heritage of the original Auckland club. 

I didn't know they had dropped New Zealand from their name. I've often heard of them referred to as the Vodaphone Warriors but wasn't aware of the name change.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

I didn't know they had dropped New Zealand from their name. I've often heard of them referred to as the Vodaphone Warriors but wasn't aware of the name change.

Thats what I was going off, I haven't seen NZ being used by them in a while; either Vodafone Warriors or just the Warriors. In any case I think its better if they keep it more local than the whole country!

I imagine it would have also caused conflict if a second NZ team was brought into the NRL in the near future. 

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

They must sell a lot of shirts!..

Sure I read a couple of years ago that they sell more merchandise than any other sports team in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Aren’t a couple usually a training shirt and the Academy shirt? 

They usually have two or three regular match shirts, a heritage shirt and a women in league shirt as well as the academy shirt. Do they also do a shirt for the indigenous round?

rldfsignature.jpg

Is it supposed to disappear when they raise and lower the sheet?..

• Haha 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Large chocolate, blue & gold hoops with a thin white band in-between would look far better.