RFL petition

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JohnM said:

Design?  ????

Too... much... rage... for... spelling...!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Two signatures. So, the originator and... who?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Two signatures. So, the originator and... who?

Ralph Rimmer, he thought they should design the RFL.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

What's more important, a supposedly spelling mistake or the future of the game?Here we have a guy trying to do something about it and all you can do is make a joke of it, can't even be bothered to sign the  petition.Yet your the first to complain about the state of the game.

46 minutes ago, frank said:

What's more important, a supposedly spelling mistake or the future of the game?Here we have a guy trying to do something about it and all you can do is make a joke of it, can't even be bothered to sign the  petition.Yet your the first to complain about the state of the game.

46 minutes ago, frank said:

Getting things right is important whether you're the RFL cocking up on a range of issues or an angry fan making a point that people are angry. Come across like a hothead who makes basic - easily identifiable and correctable - errors and you are much, much easier to ignore.

EDIT

I'm aware of the irony of this post featuring a double quote of the post it's replying to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, iangidds said:

At least the person wants to do something rather than moan on a forum .

They are moaning on a petition instead.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, iangidds said:

At least the person wants to do something rather than moan on a forum .

There is no 'At least he is doing something'when that thing is pants. It is so useless people won't sign it and give the impression that people don't feel like this.

'At least he is doing something' could be used as a defence for Rimmer also.

1 hour ago, frank said:

I wrote 'Rimmer out' on my bathroom wall in pee water. 

About as effective. And I got the spelling right.

Things like this petition are easy to dismiss because of the errors. Read some of the other petitions on there for good examples, this joker wrote 11 lines filled with vague complaints and typos.

Any fight will be lost because of divisions, lack of will, my typing fingers are sore, I need a cup of tea  and there's something good on't tele tonight.

image.png.1702fd7d5455088e4807fe987207bf19.png

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I wrote 'Rimmer out' on my bathroom wall in pee water. 

About as effective. And I got the spelling right.

Things like this petition are easy to dismiss because of the errors. Read some of the other petitions on there for good examples, this joker wrote 11 lines filled with vague complaints and typos.

Ok I understand, but try understand people are passionate about our game and may not express that too well. The banks will probably pull the plug on the RFL because I can see nothing but losses ahead

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

There is no 'At least he is doing something'when that thing is pants. It is so useless people won't sign it and give the impression that people don't feel like this.

Rimmer gets paid 250k a year plus benefits , maybe he has inherited a broken business model from Woods: either way the game and the RFL are in a mess and the game needs solutions and quick

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The trouble is by not signing it Rimmer can then use it as a defence by saying no one agrees to it.

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

The trouble is by not signing it Rimmer can then use it as a defence by saying no one agrees to it.

Yep, that is my point. But people won't sign this. If it was a well articulated petition with some facts and stuff in about the Catalans bond etc I'd expect it to do ok.

Archived