Brits in the NRL

5 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Agreed, his problems have absolutely nothing to do with confidence, i.e. ridiculous captains challenge, kicking out from kick-off on full, letting Dufty get underneath him for try and there was another I can`t put my finger on, but a player who lacks the ability to stay focused for the whole 80 minutes. I had big hopes for him when he first came onto the scene but at this stage he is nowhere near a first grade full-back and I`m starting to wonder whether he lacks the ability to be focused enough to play first grade.

His positioning issues certainly seem to be caused, or exacerbated, by a lack of focus and concentration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

How does Herbie get back in the England fold ? 

The injury to Josh Griffin may have an effect.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I think it's harsh to say Isaako has been poor defensively, who hasn't been in the Broncos this year.

He has been the most dangerous player the Broncos have had for me, at least he worries the opposition defence every now and again unlike the rest of their spine.

But I am happy to see Farnworth get a run.

True, but it's also the fullback's job to organise the defensive line...

I don't want him dropped forevermore, he does plenty of good things too. But it's fair to say there's areas he needs to improve on to cement a fullback spot. Throw in that absolute shocker last week, and I'm not surprised he's dropped.

Now the chance is Farnworth's and I'm excited to see what he's got there.

Edited by ghost crayfish
  • Like 1

Dominic Young gets a start on the wing for the Kights against the Rabbitohs tomorrow morning. Hope he goes well.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Should have scored a second then… he was through Mitchell’s tackle just before half time; loose carry.

Young Young had a solid first half. Finished well for his try and should’ve had a second if Best hadn’t bombed a simple 2 on 1. Young also had that chance at the end, although there were covering defenders so it wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

He’s had some good hit ups, although has been exposed a couple of times on the outside but Souths couldn’t make it stick. Overall, promising game

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Young Young had a solid first half. Finished well for his try and should’ve had a second if Best hadn’t bombed a simple 2 on 1. Young also had that chance at the end, although there were covering defenders so it wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

He’s had some good hit ups, although has been exposed a couple of times on the outside but Souths couldn’t make it stick. Overall, promising game

Agree he has looked pretty good.  I also think he is a better (right) centre then he is winger as his hands are very good as well.  Although I expect he is glad he is not defending that Souths left side attack!

Coates ruled out in the warm up for the Broncos so a reshuffle has seen Farnworth on to the wing.  Pity, I was looking forward to seeing him at full back.

8 hours ago, Alan Robertson said:

As I've said before, not picking Farnworth angers me so much. What the hell is wrong with Wane? 

Well, he's the England manager and quite rightly he set his standards and apparently Farnworth dipped below them. Shouldn't these young lads learn they need to follow rules - especially if they want to represent their country?

30 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well, he's the England manager and quite rightly he set his standards and apparently Farnworth dipped below them. Shouldn't these young lads learn they need to follow rules - especially if they want to represent their country?

Which part of Wane's criteria did Farnworth fail to meet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Agree he has looked pretty good.  I also think he is a better (right) centre then he is winger as his hands are very good as well.  Although I expect he is glad he is not defending that Souths left side attack!

True, although he can’t be any worse defender than Tuala. 

Young Young showed up well in defence in the second half, bar a late missed tackle at the end of the game. Burgess had another pretty ordinary game though 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

Which part of Wane's criteria did Farnworth fail to meet?

No idea - just repeating what the manager said as to why he wasn't picked - obviously an internal issue but the Manager is in charge not the fans.

I heard the commentator say Dom Young will be playing for Jamaica at the World Cup. 

From what I’ve seen his stamina is his biggest challenge. Often appeared out of breath and had some cramp issues with about 10 to go.

Very we’ll taking try though and will continue to learn. 

Edited by Southerner

2 hours ago, Alan Robertson said:

I don't know his email address.

Well he's the England manager so just have a guess who he works for......🤔🤔, Google their details and address the email to him - hey presto you have contacted the England manager with your question.

Edited by Mr Frisky

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Last night’s performance by Dominic Young has established this young giant as one of the most exciting prospects that Jamaica has seen in years.

Just for a reference who are the previous prospects Jamaica has produced he has just surpassed.