24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Another cheap shot from fatty Ferres, hit him late in the ribs after the ball had gone.

Yet Ferres didn't get banned but Arron Smith did,but you callout Ferres and say nothing about Smith ?

18 hours ago, Saintslass said:

I'm not making predictions for this match as I'm a total wuss.  I have memories of only last season when I pootled along to Langtree Park full of confidence and the joys of the summer sunshine in my soul only to have it decimated by a total tonking at the hands of the Dragons.  Chickens are not being counted.  They can just stay in their eggs.

Weather is looking mighty good.  I hope lots of drinks breaks are scheduled because it will be even hotter in that stadium.  I have memories there too of Ade Gardner getting heatstroke and Jammer going ballistic because nobody bothered giving drinks to players playing in the full sun for 40 minutes.

It's a long old journey down and I hope the coach driver knows his way.  Back in 2008 the coach driver got lost and we ended up going via St Albans.

I'm taking my nine year old southern born nephew along.  It's only his second rugby league match, and the first where I'm expecting he will sit through the whole game (he did a first half at Langtree Park last season as his introduction to the sport, and he loved it).  He'll be wearing his full Saints kit and sporting a nifty foam finger to wave in support.  I'm hoping he'll make a good scrum half for London Broncos in the fullness of time!

I don't even get how that could happen, follow the M1 to the bottom, turn right and Wembley is on your right just off the N.circular, it couldn't be easier, just very odd.

Have a great day

3 hours ago, Moove said:

Robert Hicks appointed referee for the final. Not sure if he's done one before but congrats to him, hopefully he doesn't have too much to do

Of the last few years I think Hewer has been the best, the '16 final I thought he handled the game extremely well, that said both sides seem to play fairly tidily/fairly.

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I don't even get how that could happen, follow the M1 to the bottom, turn right and Wembley is on your right just off the N.circular, it couldn't be easier, just very odd.

Have a great day

We didn't know how it happened either.  I went down with my Dad and he briefly lived in St Albans and couldn't believe we were on our way there at one point!  

8 minutes ago, Rage said:

To be honest with you I don't really care who wins as long as we get a great game to watch. Taking a friend to watch there first ever match of Rugby League. Hopefully he will convert after the final whistle. ??

I hope so, becoming a Roman Catholic is a big step on the road to redemption.

2 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Im a Wire. But, I can't see beyond 20 points margin Saints win. I think it will be close for the first 60 or so minutes. Then Saints will nail the game away after that.

I've never been more relaxed for a final, all previous 5 cc final and 4 Gf I was nervous as the week wore on ,not with this I have a feeling we are going to turn them over, not based on anything other than a gut feeling. 

Just now, ELBOWSEYE said:

I've never been more relaxed for a final, all previous 5 cc final and 4 Gf I was nervous as the week wore on ,not with this I have a feeling we are going to turn them over, not based on anything other than a gut feeling. 

I wish I had that gut feeling! I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Rage said:

To be honest with you I don't really care who wins as long as we get a great game to watch. Taking a friend to watch there first ever match of Rugby League. Hopefully he will convert after the final whistle. ??

Is he going to take a goalkick!

31 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I was the same before the 2014 Grand Final knowing that Flanagan and Hohaia were out starting half backs, and that had an unexpected outcome too.

I think the gap is being exaggerated by some, there's not much between Warrington and Saints at their absolute best.

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

Yet Ferres didn't get banned but Arron Smith did,but you callout Ferres and say nothing about Smith ?

Before getting your knickers in a twist, if you bothered to read the thread properly you'll see I was responding to a comment about Lees rib injury not anything to do with Smith. I don't recall even seeing the Smith incident hence why I didn't bother commenting on it.

Ferres has always been a filthy little grub of a player, but he used to be a fairly good player. Now he just a fat, useless filthy little grub and its players like him that are the reason Leeds are so dire. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived