Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

23 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Kevin Brown?

He’s a talent if he can play at both 6 and 7 in the game.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can quite confidently state that it won’t and I’d be the first to apologise if I was wrong.  

However it’s highly likely there’ll be a bit of a ‘shock’ selection at half-back tomorrow, which this the only advantage we’ll have - unpredictability.

43D9DB24-82C8-4BB1-B75D-FF1E9284CB70.jpeg

• Like 2

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can quite confidently state that it won’t and I’d be the first to apologise if I was wrong.  

However it’s highly likely there’ll be a bit of a ‘shock’ selection at half-back tomorrow, which this the only advantage we’ll have - unpredictability.

Isn’t it going to be Harvey Livett? 

53 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

He’s a talent if he can play at both 6 and 7 in the game.

As long as he plays for nothing he can play anywhere. 

10 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Heard both names mentioned. 

As a Saints fan I would rather it was Hughes! Dont think he offers much with the ball.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

To replace a player in the 19 Wire have to provide the RFL with a signed medical certificate that proves one of their original 19 is unfit to play. The RFL then have to grant them permission to replace that player.  

or a note from the players mum? 

• Haha 3

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

17 hours ago, Manx RL said:

43D9DB24-82C8-4BB1-B75D-FF1E9284CB70.jpeg

Now that was talent. Not many people could combine Grange Hill with an illustrious playing career at Parramatta.

• Haha 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

I have just found this about Australian Rugby League on an article headlined "Golden Point" on Wikipedia ....

"After the 2015 grand final was decided in golden point, a change was made for finals matches only. Golden point in finals fixtures would now only be applied if scores are level after 10 minutes of extra time (five minutes each way)."

Is that now the same here in Britain or, if a draw, does the Challenge Cup final go directly to Golden Point ?

However, if it is as per the Australian system, that would mean the 1895 Final having to kick-off even later.

Why is Jamie Peacock used to read out teamsheets? I'm sorry, he's a great player and an inspirational speaker at times, but he's not a presenter. 

• Like 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Why is Jamie Peacock used to read out teamsheets? I'm sorry, he's a great player and an inspirational speaker at times, but he's not a presenter. 

What is the Wire team?

St Helens: Coote; Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace; Lomax, Fages; Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Taia, Peyroux, Knowles.

Interchanges: Paulo, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Amor, Ashworth.

Warrington: Ratchford; Lineham, Goodwin, King, Charnley; Currie, Patton; Hill, D Clark, Cooper, Murdoch-Masila, Hughes, J Clark.

Interchanges: Akauola, Philbin, Davis, Mamo.

• Thanks 2

Wire need to keep it close, if saints get more than a score ahead, they could easily run away with it. If wire keep it close Saints could get a bit nervous

Hated the outside the stadium stuff by the BBC.

RHP on pitch meh.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Views of the stands suggest that another shockingly modest crowd could be seen again this year.

Edited by Big Picture

As they just showed Wire warming up, in the background  I'm sure I saw the solitary figure of Ben Currie having grounding the ball practice..

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Success! My man in Lesbos has found BBC 1. No handpump though and it's 99 million degrees Celsius.

Rah Rah Emissary:  Our Bigotry will blot out the sun.

Legio XIII:                  Then we shall play in the shade.

First cup final I've missed for a long time. Looking forward to an afternoon on the sofa watching though. 

Think we'll see a closer game than many predict. Charbly 1st try scorer and Lomax to win Lance Todd.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Views of the stands suggest that another shockingly modest crowd could be seen again this year.

Shockingly modest? On the contrary, I've normally found St Helens crowds to be rather arrogant. 

• Haha 3

Four legs good - two legs bad

Having decided that Stains will romp away with the Final, I am now edging towards Dire. 😲😲😲