Carl Forber

gillmeister

I’ve just seen a tweet by RL stat man extraordinaire Dan Spencer that by his reckoning Carl Forber has Just surpassed Ian McCorquodale as the clubs all time leading point scorer which has gone under the radar 

id imagine his stats will be correct and congratulate Carl on an outstanding achievement in cementing his place in the clubs history 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Brilliant achievement for Carl and well deserved . He just keeps getting better every season too. A few seasons ago I'll be honest and say I didn't really rate him that much, but the weaknesses I thought he once had are now no longer an issue. His goal kicking must be up there with the very best in the sport,  and we now miss him when he isn't playing which shows what a good player he is.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 hours ago, Rango said:

Congratulations Carl. Stuck with the team through thick and thin.

I think the club should commemorate the achievement in some way.

I am sure they will and if we can get him to sign on again for next season then I am sure he will break the 2000 point barrier which should definitely see him into our Hall of Fame.

Well done Carl !!

• 6 months later...
On 29/09/2019 at 18:28, ivans82 said:

Callum would probably still be at Town if he hadn`t been so shabbily treated by Clarke !

Haven't had a lot of success with coach's over the past few year, but looksike this guy could be the real deal, 

I’m a bit perplexed at the bit about us signing Iain MacCorquodale from Oldham RU as I always assumed he was a Salford RL player. Indeed, I recall him kicking a goal from 10 yards inside his own half for Salford , near the touch line, in an A team game at DP shortly before we signed him. Maybe he was only on trial at Salford?.... whichever, Salford missed one hell of a goalkicker. It shows how good Carl Forber is, when he has now overtaken him!

31 minutes ago, JMB said:

Haven't had a lot of success with coach's over the past few year, but looksike this guy could be the real deal, 

Let's hope so, there's been a few false dawns like last year, but it looks really promising. I like his no d*ckheads policy and he doesn't stifle their natural ability. We think Stevie does a great job but CT can see a lot of improvements he can make, we'll have a he'll of a player if they can improve his game. 

58 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

We think Stevie does a great job but CT can see a lot of improvements he can make, we'll have a he'll of a player if they can improve his game. 

I like that . It’s a good coach’s trick to always say you can get better

Archived