Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 12 Oct: SLGF: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/19 at 17:00

First of all, the only poor call I've seen in this match was the knock on near the tryline against Salford.  That was interference by Smith.  Of course Salford may still not have scored or won the match but on that occasion they were IMO wrongly robbed of the chance to try.

As for the game being a classic.  What is this classic that everyone thinks every final should be?  I have absolutely no idea.  First halves are always going to be more carefree than second halves in a knock out final match.  Salford have been terrific opponents and only about 20 minutes ago did I think I could perhaps come from behind the sofa.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Fair enough - not saying we should call him that. However this looks like bias.....if its deliberate then.... 

It's not deliberate, it never is. No ref goes out to deliberately favour a team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. 

• Like 3

On 08/10/2019 at 19:39, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Genuinely not an attempt at sarcasm. Kendslls easily the best, for me. Glad we’re not rewarding mediocrity in Child’s, Hicks or Thaler, though one of those clowns will be the video ref, I suspect. 

Well as a Saints fan you were certainly correct

• Haha 1

Kendall gives Salford their first decision of the half with a minute left. Funny how often that happens.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Well done to Saints. Deserved champions after an outstanding season. They are a team full of power, pace and skill.

Thanks to Salford for adding so much to this year.

• Like 5

Nice attempt. Never mind, there is always next year.

Salford v Swinton at Wembley

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

A pearl of a DG from Makinson. If the shoulder's crocked, the legs certainly aren't.

• Like 5

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

In the first half Twitter was full of positive comments about the game from all RL fans and non RL fans alike. Now everyone and even people watching RL for the first time are saying the ref was attricious.

• Like 3

Best team won but Salford didnt get what they deserved, made a great effort in the final and thoroughly deserve all the praise they will hopefully get. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Kendall gives Salford their first decision of the half with a minute left. Funny how often that happens.

That was almost like some twisted joke wasn't it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

In the first half Twitter was full of positive comments about the game from all RL fans and non RL fans alike. Now everyone and even people watching RL for the first time are saying the ref was attricious.

And that is because Salford were the underdogs and the story but Saints won anyway.

• Like 1

Saints the best team , deserved winners deserved champions ... but on the night Salford in that second half got some rough calls putting them right under the cosh when they were right in it .

Edited by DavidM

My god but I hated every second of the first 70 minutes of that. But thank goodness it’s over. 

Well played Salford, and what a fantastic run they had, and what a great performance in the final. 

• Like 3

Just now, dkw said:

He's been poor. And? 

Nothing else, just wondered what your opinion was, I am not a ref basher, never have been, but that performance by Kendall goes down as one of the worst I have ever seen,  as I said earlier, I think he called it has he saw it, but I doubt that many other than saintslass will see it differently.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1