Remarkable - the front cover of the Telegraph’s sport section

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Steam Pig said:

Impressive advertising by Dacia as this will have cost a few bob!

59FB1A6F-2545-4485-9AE7-2CDE2E8B3A6E.jpeg

5E087780-0098-4B36-88A4-436632334DCC.jpeg

Id done a thread on this a couple of weeks ago - The Telegraph are joint sponsoring it. Great to see and shows the value in having teams covering all spectrums 

Superb. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

31 minutes ago, cookey said:

Well done to both Dacia and The Daily Telegraph.

Very appropriate on Grand Final day.

I wonder what Gary Schofield thinks about it - at least he will be able to understand the photo's,if not the words.

Dacia are an appropriate brand in some ways. Basic, value for money.  However it would be good if the brand steadily went more up market, like Skoda has done, and RL with it. 

Dacia is Romanian(?), owned by Renault.  Someone should start a works team!

Fanbloodytastic

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Dacia are an appropriate brand in some ways. Basic, value for money.  However it would be good if the brand steadily went more up market, like Skoda has done, and RL with it. 

Dacia is Romanian(?), owned by Renault.  Someone should start a works team!

Whilst Dacia may be at the value end, there is no stigma around them like Skoda and Lada used to have. Dacia seem to do really well quality wise and seem well respected and I think are an excellent partner for us.

This is a big deal for us but unfortunately is the sort of publicity that other sports take for granted. For all it's knockers Rugby League isn't in bad shape considering this is such a rarity. If we had got this kind of coverage in multiple papers over decades, like other sports, then the sport would undoubtedly be much stronger.

Wow. Nice one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

This is part of a campaign started in September and is set to be the Ad campaign that just keeps giving;

"The three-part series is the latest activation in Dacia’s four-year long Rugby Football League (RFL) sponsorship, secured and developed by partnerships agency Fuse. The videos, created by Hearst UK, tell the stories of different heroes within Rugby League and the values they hold, establishing Dacia and Rugby League’s shared values: being down to earth, honest and no-nonsense."

"The series will be pushed out across two of Hearst’s leading health and wellbeing brands, Women’s Health and Men’s Health, as well as the Telegraph, where it will be supported by content across print and digital platforms. It will be released around key England and GB Lions Rugby League moment."

https://marcommnews.com/dacia-launches-a-heros-journey-in-latest-rugby-league-activation/

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m guessing you don’t work in media!

No-nonsense, sir, no-nonsense ?

Well I read the media!

I also have been prompted to read that the Dacia Dustet is Europe's best selling SUV.  So if they and the RLs association  continues then let's hope we, the RL, can grow with them.

In other news... briefly... I recon given the way things are going (both codes) that the World Health Org. will get rugby abolished.

39 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well I read the media!

I also have been prompted to read that the Dacia Dustet is Europe's best selling SUV.  So if they and the RLs association  continues then let's hope we, the RL, can grow with them.

It’s a good fit, agreed. Just hope they are paying fair value because come 2021 they will be getting a lot of BBC airtime.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Great stuff.... Hopefully plenty about the grand final in the paper today and tomorrow

They did both a preview and review of last night's women's GF.

Ross Heppenstall was the byline in both cases. Here's some of his recent work: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/ross-heppenstall/

Another beautiful thought - imagine how many of the worst kind of RU fogeys sneezed their Darjeeling all over the paper this morning? :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived