John Drake

Sat 9 Nov: Intl: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 7am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/19 at 07:00

Just now, GUBRATS said:

They won't cancel , they'd miss out on that big cash ' windfall ' from playing Toronto as a warm up ūüėČ

I stand corrected. :kolobok_biggrin:

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

It’s a bit like that Geoffrey Howe speech about Thatcher sending out her opening batsmen with broken bats.

Wayne Bennett’s style dooms us to failure before we take the field.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I realise you are playing a little bit of devils advocate here but let me ask... which was the better performance from Great Britain, 38-0 down at home to Australia at half time and losing 44-4 or losing 6-0 away?

I live in the here and now , comparing decades ago doesn't work , we just lost to NZ with a poor performance and in truth were lucky to score ( I like the Kiwi's thought he was held ) , so we're you happy with the performance ? , Or any of them so far ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s a bit like that Geoffrey Howe speech about Thatcher sending out her opening batsmen with broken bats.

Wayne Bennett’s style dooms us to failure before we take the field.

What we need is Steve McNamara! #BringBackMac 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm sure some fans looked at Sterling, Kenny and Lewis and thought "Who are these guys? They aren't a patch on their predecessors - we can handle them." Wins make reputations and, the Tonga test apart, the Kangaroos are still frustratingly hard to beat.

I'll judge the current crop on their Ashes performances next year (if they don't cancel at the last minute).

I get what you are saying but i see a bit of NRL and at the minute bar a couple of players this current batch although still a very good team look far from world beaters they have in the past. Of course that could change quickly and probably will.

I just hope we can turn things around ourselves over the next 12 months, its very frustrating watching this tour after seemingly having made great progress over the previous 2/3 years.

• Confused 1

Just now, Man of Kent said:

The fact some are even mock-nostalgic for ‚ÄėBanana‚Äô says a lot.

Which brings us back to the question I asked earlier , who replaces Wayne ?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The fact some are even mock-nostalgic for ‚ÄėBanana‚Äô says a lot.

The fact that his England selections actually played like a team instead of a bunch of mistrustful unconfident strangers is a hard concept to swallow.

"BUT HIS SURNAME SOUNDS A BIT LIKE BANANA!"

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I live in the here and now , comparing decades ago doesn't work , we just lost to NZ with a poor performance and in truth were lucky to score ( I like the Kiwi's thought he was held ) , so we're you happy with the performance ? , Or any of them so far ?

Nice sidestep on my question.

But I will answer yours.

I am not happy with any of the performances on this tour, Great Britain have been poor and most of the blame falls on Bennett for me as his initial squad selection was poor and he has sent the team out playing in a very conservative style.

I balance that out with a World Cup campaign that was better than I had hoped for and a 3-1 record against the Kiwis last year.

I think this tour reflects very badly on Bennett but I think he just about deserves to have a crack at the Aussies in the Ashes series nest year.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Shaun Wane, Ian Watson or Daryl Powell. 

My fear is the whole England set-up has got a bit cushy with Bennett, Sinfield, Peacock et al’s feet under the desks, and that Wreck-It Ralph and the RFL are too weak/skint to change things where necessary.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I would approach Trent Robinson, not sure if he would be interested however. Spent time successfully working in Super League, bloods young players and is a top class coach.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

While I’m on this rant, I’d like to know what Wayne Bennett has learned from this tour for future Tests by picking 27 halfbacks.

Their names 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

If anyone watched the earlier game - Fiji 22 PNG 20 - they'd be a bit worried about next week. If it's a hot day in Moresby - the game is at 5.30pm local time - the Kumuls might just run the Brits off their feet. The forecast is for 30C, rain and 89% humidity.

Is it on TV Ducky?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

20 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

While I’m on this rant, I’d like to know what Wayne Bennett has learned from this tour for future Tests by picking 27 halfbacks.

He is now an expert genealogist.

• Like 1

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

1 hour ago, SilentAssassin said:

How many of the current Aussies will go on to be remembered in the same breath as the names i mentioned?

Halves are nothing spectacular. Smith is still the best hooker in NRL and is retired from rep football. Full back is very good and pack is solid as always will be but no scary names in there.

As said we can't take advantage of that as we have regressed alarmingly from the 2017 WC team who i believe would beat this current aussie team on home soil.

After the season he's had, I'd say Teddy is more than "very good" ūüėÖ

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

13 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

After the season he's had, I'd say Teddy is more than "very good" ūüėÖ

Would you.One season. Ok, fantastic player right now. He hasn't proved it over multiple seasons yet like for example Slater. We will see. 

If he comes over here and tears us a new one next year i will tip my hat but until then...

1 minute ago, SilentAssassin said:

Would you.One season. Ok, fantastic player right now. He hasn't proved it over multiple seasons yet like for example Slater. We will see. 

If he comes over here and tears us a new one next year i will tip my hat but until then...

Actually two seasons. 

We'll see, but we have Slater material in Tedesco. 

Or at least that's what NRL and Origin said in the last 2 seasons. 

7 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

He was very good in his time with the Tigers,he's been fantastic in his 2 seasons at the Roosters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Actually two seasons. 

We'll see, but we have Slater material in Tedesco. 

Or at least that's what NRL and Origin said in the last 2 seasons. 

Possibly. He is in a very dominant team of which i would agree if said he is arguably the best player. 

Will be interesting to see how he does go over here. Where Slater played in a team that had players in front of him as 'the men to stop' for England in the past like Smith Cronk Inglis Lockyer i can't think of too many names in that current team besides him i would pick out. He will be under a lot of pressure.

1 minute ago, SilentAssassin said:

Possibly. He is in a very dominant team of which i would agree if said he is arguably the best player. 

Will be interesting to see how he does go over here. Where Slater played in a team that had players in front of him as 'the men to stop' for England in the past like Smith Cronk Inglis Lockyer i can't think of too many names in that current team besides him i would pick out. He will be under a lot of pressure.

You can be right.

But he's proven his value in Origin for two seasons and, with all due respect, it's a tough context than an Int series against a team who hasn't beaten Australia in ... How many years? 

Just now, MatthewWoody said:

You can be right.

But he's proven his value in Origin for two seasons and, with all due respect, it's a tough context than an Int series against a team who hasn't beaten Australia in ... How many years? 

Yeah can't argue with that. Guess he is on the cusp of greatness still needs a couple more seasons of what he has produced recently and to do it on the international stage.