John Drake

Sat 9 Nov: Intl: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 7am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/19 at 07:00

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Every day the week. 

Rugby League is a tough attritional sport and I love that part of it. Don't get me wrong, I love entertaining running Rugby but it should earned. 

I don't like the versions of the game where decide to remove the part where you earn the chances to move the ball and go straight to the tries.

If I had to choose a forward battle or a 9's tryfest I would take the former.

Fair enough . When I was a young un I was a winger , absolutely rapid .... in fact I’m gutted I gave up when lads got to big , I could have been in New Zealand by now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You can’t legislate for injuries. No one was to know that Gildart, Hardaker and Hall were all to succumb to injury but you can legislate for such an event happening by selecting a well rounded squad that included cover across all areas of the pitch in case of such eventualities, rather than selecting four threequarters for five matches and having five or six halfbacks. 

I completely agree but it is what it is now. What I don’t understand is why you would have an out and out stand off on the wing, in danger of being peppered by high balls, and leaving Coote — usually excellent under a high ball—/ clicking his heels. I’m also concerned how long Austin will actually last on the pitch having to drive the ball in following his recent injury woes. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

I completely agree but it is what it is now. What I don’t understand is why you would have an out and out stand off on the wing, in danger of being peppered by high balls, and leaving Coote — usually excellent under a high ball—/ clicking his heels. I’m also concerned how long Austin will actually last on the pitch having to drive the ball in following his recent injury woes. 

This.  

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

15 minutes ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

If we lose Austin at least we can move Bateman to the centre and Connor to the wing.

Having a second row in each centre would have a nice feng shui balance about it!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

If we lose Austin at least we can move Bateman to the centre and Connor to the wing.

Having a second row in each centre would have a nice feng shui balance about it!

Wayne would be in heaven 

2 hours ago, 7723 said:

Could Coote not have played on the wing?

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

I am slightly bemused this isn't the selection...

Because Wayne is now preparing for the 2021 WC and Coote isn't English

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Because Wayne is now preparing for the 2021 WC and Coote isn't English

neither is Austin 

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

neither is Austin 

I thought he was in the GB squad as he qualified for England? Must have got that wrong though.

this is like josh addo carr getting injured for the kangaroos and them replacing him with George Williams 

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

6 minutes ago, Click said:

I thought he was in the GB squad as he qualified for England? Must have got that wrong though.

I qualify for a free eye test at boots but I don't need glasses.

just watched 7 great gb tries on the bbc website, makes the total garbage served up on this tour look shocking, such great names, characters and skills in those clips, the game itself looked a far better product too compared to the stale tripe  served up on this tour

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

Kendall is reffing the Fiji/PNG game and one of the toucj judges has a name which you can't say in UK. It's short for a person from Pakistan but it's also a Polynesian name.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Gerard Sutton is the ref and Henry Perenara is the VR

Busy day for Henry then . Sutton despite his ten million games reffed can’t get out of bed without asking a video ref 

50 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Busy day for Henry then . Sutton despite his ten million games reffed can’t get out of bed without asking a video ref 

That's assuming either NZ will put quite the score on us, or that we'll actually look like scoring this week.

This doesn't exactly fill you full of confidence:

Speaking on Friday, Bennett admitted that he has no idea if the Australian-born 28-year-old had played on the wing before.

"That's him, he's the man, he is the winger," Bennett said of Austin.

"I didn't bother asking him that question, I didn't want the answer to it, so I didn't ask him.

"Blake's been wonderful, he's accepted the challenge, wants to play and is keen as.

"He's a football player, Blake is one of those guys that can play any position.

"I'm confident in him, he's confident, the team is confident in him and he's done everything right at training. It's a good challenge, it's not something I'm worried about."

In his 122-game NRL career, Austin was never named as a winger.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/08/austin-to-make-test-debut-on-the-wing/

• Confused 1

imagine Austin will be dealing with more kicks than bruce lees training partner in the morning- good luck

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

GB has a very good pack but the three-quarters make me want to weep.

This is going back to Richard Horne on the wing for GB in the bad old days. It is disrespectful to the shirt. That backline is going to have to play out of their skins to hold NZ.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

This is going back to Richard Horne on the wing for GB in the bad old days. 

The sad thing is it’s a self-inflicted wound.

I fear a bit of a caning today.  

• Sad 1