Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Dave Woods is on the money.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

So you agree with me Matthew?

No. 
What I wanted to say is that players and supporters love International RL despite the presence of the heritage players. 
It's their presence itself that gives us some kind of watchable Int game. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

3 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

The problem for me when England fans adopt this stance (and there's some on here) is that it's akin to turkeys voting for Christmas. By not caring about the other home nations, we condemn those nations to being weaker, and end up having a contracted international game with fewer meaningful opponents for England to play. For me, it's massively in England's interests to develop all of the other home nations with the aim of giving us some opposition to play and ultimately expanding the international game. The way I see GB working would be to complement that, and produce an end result that equates to more meaningful games for England and the other home nations.

I support Scotland as well as England, so of course I want the other smaller nations to do well. But I cant fault others for not being bothered about nations that basically have a handful of Union players playing RL out of season.