Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

Who would you choose to be relegated from SL?

Recommended Posts

Salford, Huddersfield, HKR, Castleford & Wakefield are interchangeable with Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Leigh, London, Toulouse, Widnes & York.

Literally the only thing that separates the 1st 5 from the other 8 is an extra £1.9m of sky money to spend on players. 

To that end, there's a big 7, a middle 13, and a lower 13, finally there's 4 Clubs who can't really contend with the lower 13 who languish at the bottom half of League 1 season after season. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Salford, Huddersfield, HKR, Castleford & Wakefield are interchangeable with Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Leigh, London, Toulouse, Widnes & York.

Literally the only thing that separates the 1st 5 from the other 8 is an extra £1.9m of sky money to spend on players. 

To that end, there's a big 7, a middle 13, and a lower 13, finally there's 4 Clubs who can't really contend with the lower 13 who languish at the bottom half of League 1 season after season. 

While I sort of get your point (and this really pains me) but I would omit Castleford from that list. They have consistently finished in the Top 5 for a long time now and are one of the 'bigger' SL clubs. 

Edited by Wildcat
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

While I sort of get your point (and this really pains me) but I would omit Castleford from that list. They have consistently finished in the Top 5 for a long time now and are one of the 'bigger' SL clubs. 

Yes but their stadium is poor in comparison to many in the big 7 & middle 13 and their market size is modest (on par with Leigh, Fax, Widnes etc) and they've never been  Champions, factor it together, they are not really a big 7. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Yes but their stadium is poor in comparison to many in the big 7 & middle 13 and their market size is modest (on par with Leigh, Fax, Widnes etc) and they've never been  Champions, factor it together, they are not really a big 7. 

Nah They are fine for now.

Always been a decent super league club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Salford, Huddersfield, HKR, Castleford & Wakefield are interchangeable with Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Leigh, London, Toulouse, Widnes & York.

Literally the only thing that separates the 1st 5 from the other 8 is an extra £1.9m of sky money to spend on players. 

Not sure I agree. I think us, York, Halifax and Fev are probably lower down than Leigh/Widnes/Bradford. 

The last 3 would be up to around 5000 attendance easy with a SL season or two under their belt

Not sure we, York or Halifax without an extended run of 3 years and bit of success maybe top 3 and/or cup runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Not sure I agree. I think us, York, Halifax and Fev are probably lower down than Leigh/Widnes/Bradford. 

The last 3 would be up to around 5000 attendance easy with a SL season or two under their belt

Not sure we, York or Halifax without an extended run of 3 years and bit of success maybe top 3 and/or cup runs.

I’d have thought Widnes would be around 6,000 in their first season back and Bradford closer to 9,000 if they were at Odsal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, M j M said:

This is why just ring fencing what we have is so questionable. Some teams will always be up there at the top table but Huddersfield just happened to be in when the music stopped. We have about a dozen teams who could be as big or as good if they happened to be in Super League.

Agreed. Ask the North Sydney Bears what they think of a closed shop top flight. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2020 at 09:30, Smudger06 said:

Salford, Huddersfield, HKR, Castleford & Wakefield are interchangeable with Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Leigh, London, Toulouse, Widnes & York.

Literally the only thing that separates the 1st 5 from the other 8 is an extra £1.9m of sky money to spend on players. 

To that end, there's a big 7, a middle 13, and a lower 13, finally there's 4 Clubs who can't really contend with the lower 13 who languish at the bottom half of League 1 season after season. 

This post made me realise that Pro RL is growing in the Northern Hemisphere, because 12-15 years ago there was only a big 4!!!! And a middle 13 with all the remainder in the lower bracket, and no clubs below that lower bracket; now we have the likes of Valencia & Belgrade hoping to join those 4 Clubs presently beneath the lower 13 bracket and the likes of NY & Ottawa potentially moving rapidly into the lower and even the middle bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2020 at 18:48, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Surely you can't honestly be putting Wigan and Hull on the same level as Huddersfield can you? 

They both play in half empty quiet stadiums,.isn't that what Huddersfield get hammered for? 

Amongst other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...