Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

13 Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Toronto Wolfpack KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/20 at 19:45

11 hours ago, It’s Pie Time said:

Adrian Lam on O'Loughlin eye injury: "He's not good, not good at all. He's gone off to hospital so we will wait on that one."

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/1228080308597198863?s=21

Maybe not that pathetic of a reaction after all. 

Yeh I thought he must have got a nasty one in the eye , he was metres away from the line he would have easily scored .

I thought it was a good game, with both teams hinting at better times ahead. I am particularly pleased Bullock showed what he can do, as I was mystified by Lam’s failure to pick him against Cas. With Flower and Burgess a week or 2 away, we can field a big grown up set of props for the first time in a decade (if Lam chooses to do so). I like the Smith and Hastings combination, Smith looks a very talented player already, and their styles are well matched. Hastings’ combinations are already beginning to come off. Good Friday is a long way away, but if we add Burgess, Flower, Manfredi and Gildart to that lot, then we should be very competitive indeed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

He might have to get used to it given the way Bevan’s form,tough transition that will take time and he won’t come up against the class of Leutele every week.

I think the only chance he has of being full back is if French is moved into the halves, and I dont see that happening any time soon as it seems Lam is integrating Smith into the team. How do you think he went last night? I thought he started of really well but struggled later on, mostly down to the lack of possession by Wigan though.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

I agree that under Lenegan Wigan's crowds have dropped off a cliff. But versus the Wire game (home opener, new players, local derby etc) it was in line with expectations. 

So I agree with your point, you just made it badly :kolobok_biggrin:

That's not really true. They've had some very good seasons crowd wise under Lenegan, they've just declined in recent years.

21 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Absolutely pathetic reaction by O'Loughlin. Put the ball down instead of trying to get someone sent off.

Yeah like that is what he did. What a pathetic comment. Same old bile when it comes to Wigan.

• Like 1

at least sbw got his 60k wage this week which is the main thing

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

28 minutes ago, Damien said:

That's not really true. They've had some very good seasons crowd wise under Lenegan, they've just declined in recent years.

Yes, could maybe have worded better, but ultimately the crowds are on a decline under his ownership. The Rd1 crowd was a positive, Rd 3 less so, let's hope this was a blip. 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

That ground looked empty last night. That is the problem with Football Stadiums like Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield, unless there is a big crowd, they are soulless grounds totally devoid of any atmosphere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

That ground looked empty last night. That is the problem with Football Stadiums like Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield, unless there is a big crowd, they are soulless grounds totally devoid of any atmosphere. 

Whilst true it's a different debate entirely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Huddersfield Giants don't play in a "football stadium" anymore than Huddersfield Town play in a "rugby stadium".

1 hour ago, meast said:

Huddersfield Giants don't play in a "football stadium" anymore than Huddersfield Town play in a "rugby stadium".

I thought Huddersfield Town owned twice as much as the Giants?

So scored were tied after 58 minutes that's a positive 

Toronto need to learn how to play 80 minutes at this level 

And they came from.behind again 

8 hours ago, meast said:

Whichever way round you want to put it, my point is the lack of atmosphere when there is only 5k in there. 

9 hours ago, Damien said:

I thought Huddersfield Town owned twice as much as the Giants?

They do, but so do Kirklees, that still doesn't make it a "football stadium"

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Whichever way round you want to put it, my point is the lack of atmosphere when there is only 5k in there. 

Lots of grounds have a lack of atmosphere, even pure bred rugby grounds.

1 minute ago, meast said:

They do, but so do Kirklees, that still doesn't make it a "football stadium"

I never said it did. It does however make it more of a Football stadium than a Rugby one which contradicts what you said.

6 hours ago, aj1908 said:

So scored were tied after 58 minutes that's a positive 

Toronto need to learn how to play 80 minutes at this level 

And they came from.behind again 

Tough to compete for 80 mins when your down to a 1 man bench.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 21:30, Just Browny said:

Absolutely pathetic reaction by O'Loughlin. Put the ball down instead of trying to get someone sent off.

If you are attempting to win the arseole of the century award, you can stop because it is all over bar the shouting.

Small man syndrome at it's absolute zenith.

• Like 2