Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

13 Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Toronto Wolfpack KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/20 at 19:45

chase ruled out.

We zap and maim With the bravery of being out of range We strafe the train With the bravery of being out of range

Wigan but not by as many as some people think . Just my opinion but I don’t rate them that much . I think Toronto will give a good account 

Wigan have not been firing yet but they will, they are not a club to be happy until they are. There obviously are some teams that are ging to beat them sometimes but Toronto are not one of them at the moment for me, Were i a Wolfpack fan i would be happy to see a decent effort, I don't give them any chance in this but you never know, It would be a huge boost if they can just stay with Wigan.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Wigan were second best against Warrington, but scraped by. Second best against Cas and lost. They look rusty. Toronto will have a go, and could knock Wigan out of their stride.

But I still think Wigan will win.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

18 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Actually got a bizarre feeling about this one. Shoot me down, but I can see a WP win here. The Mighty Wigan have been far from impressive so far. Indeed, if Wire had kept 13 on the field we'd be talking about Wigan in crisis.

WP are,weak up front. So are Wigan...

If we were half-way through the season and Wigan hadn't lost a game people would be talking about "Wigan being in crisis".

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

19 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Actually got a bizarre feeling about this one. Shoot me down, but I can see a WP win here. The Mighty Wigan have been far from impressive so far. Indeed, if Wire had kept 13 on the field we'd be talking about Wigan in crisis.

WP are,weak up front. So are Wigan...

How come you abbreviated Toronto to WP but haven't done the same for Wigan or Wire?

Sorry, just a really annoying pet hate of mine how people abbreviate Toronto's name but no other team.

19 hours ago, SL17 said:

Only a 19 man squad been published for TWP. Should be 21! That  shows resources are already running low.

Big win for the pies.

Maybe they aren't the Messiah's after all??

8 minutes ago, meast said:

How come you abbreviated Toronto to WP but haven't done the same for Wigan or Wire?

Sorry, just a really annoying pet hate of mine how people abbreviate Toronto's name but no other team.

I’m probably also guilty of this. For me I think it’s that Toronto fans, and North American fans in general, almost always refer to the team by their moniker so Wolfpack just becomes part of their name and the abbreviation is easier than writing “Toronto Wolfpack” every time.

English fans don’t use the nicknames nearly as much. I never think of Warrington being “Wolves” unless it’s the Sky Sports pundits who always seem to refer to them that way.

5 hours ago, meast said:

Maybe they aren't the Messiah's after all??

They are the Messiah’s. Both SBW and Wilkin say so.

I think Rhinos is the most used nickname in the English game but that's probably because the biggest club in Leeds is Leeds United. Not really a problem that Warrington and Saint Helens have. I've never really thought about it but it shows the dominance that football has around Europe that they can just go by the city name. As for the initials, TWP and HKR just seems right in a way that WW, SH or CT don't.

Anyway, Wigan are a team I usually get bored of watching on Sky every week but I'm really looking forward to tonight's game.

Wigan by 30+

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

14 hours ago, fevtom said:

I’m probably also guilty of this. For me I think it’s that Toronto fans, and North American fans in general, almost always refer to the team by their moniker so Wolfpack just becomes part of their name and the abbreviation is easier than writing “Toronto Wolfpack” every time.

English fans don’t use the nicknames nearly as much. I never think of Warrington being “Wolves” unless it’s the Sky Sports pundits who always seem to refer to them that way.

The reason American teams popularise their nicknames is that owners move their clubs to new locations when it (the money) suits them.

• Like 1

Wigan should win but I dont think it will be by much, simply because Wigan`s attack has been very poor the first few matches.

On 12/02/2020 at 07:35, Wildcat said:

Bet365 have a TWP getting 16 points start on the Handicap. Less than I thought to be fair.

having some of that!

• Like 1

I think Wigan will win comfortably but don't know if they have a lot of points in then. 22-6.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

The Toronto performance is more important overall, although a win would be handy.

Hope they can do it but probably too early for them to be truly up to speed performance wise to beat Wigan. 

Think Toronto could do it. Could be a close one. I just wish Sky would bin Bill Arthur off. Would make a much more enjoyable watch.

I can't see Toronto coming close. Everything about them is ordinary. I was slated for suggesting they needed to get a result at Salford. I'd be surprised if they get within 30 points

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

The reason American teams popularise their nicknames is that owners move their clubs to new locations when it (the money) suits them.

No it’s because American cities generally 4 or more major sports teams. So just calling them by the nickname differentiates between each club. For example in New York, there are the below teams that are all called New York _______

Yankees

Mets

Giants

Jets

Knicks

Rangers

Islanders

Red Bulls

City

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, snapski said:

Think Toronto could do it. Could be a close one. I just wish Sky would bin Bill Arthur off. Would make a much more enjoyable watch.

What, enjoyable with the Chuckle Brothers and John Wells in tow? 

• Like 1