Fiji might have a decent #7

On 06/07/2020 at 07:52, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sivo is some winger too.

Both Fiji and Samoa could turn over a big side at the RLWC2021, those 2 and Tonga are the sides I’m most looking forward to seeing play.

Me too... So exciting to see we might have half a dozen competitive fixtures internationally

Need to start making them pay enough to make sure they don't get tempted by Origin. Or hopefully players will be able to do both in the future! 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Me too... So exciting to see we might have half a dozen competitive fixtures internationally

Need to start making them pay enough to make sure they don't get tempted by Origin. Or hopefully players will be able to do both in the future! 

We need to have pay parity, especially so at World Cups. That wasn’t the case at the last World Cup, hopefully it’s sorted this time around. 

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah , Origin is the  fly in the ointment, $30 000 per game,  I wish that in WC years if a player chose Origin they could still represent their country  later in the year however then there is the issue of mid-year tests which would be pretty important when putting a team together. We need a solution we want these teams as strong as possible .

RLWC21 organisers have already stated that every player will be paid the same amount. Individual countries are free to top that up, of course.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 07/07/2020 at 19:06, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I thought they could do that now

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Not sure.... Anyone know?? 

Look I read somewhere the RLIF had tinkered with the rules to make it more amenable to Southern Hemisphere players, it went on to say it had relaxed the rules about playing for more than country  BUT a player could only play with one country in a calendar year. That immediately set of alarm bells for me because there are many SOO players who qualify for other countries,  if they don`t go on to be selected for Australia . The question is Does playing SOO constitute playing for another country? I fear it does.

On 08/07/2020 at 04:06, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If you take Australia out of the equation the next half dozen or so teams I think are really evenly matched . I have actually more enjoyed  England vs. New Zealand as I think  they are well matched.

On 08/07/2020 at 09:30, The Rocket said:

Yeah , Origin is the  fly in the ointment, $30 000 per game,  I wish that in WC years if a player chose Origin they could still represent their country  later in the year however then there is the issue of mid-year tests which would be pretty important when putting a team together. We need a solution we want these teams as strong as possible .

A fair few of the Fijian players aren't eligible for Origin because of the 'lived in QLD/NSW before the age of 13' rule. Semi Radradra for example got selected for the Roos on the residency rule which was 3 years at the time, he couldn't play Origin though. Kikau, Sivo, Ravalawa, Vunivalu would all be the same. Hopefully in 5-10 years with the Silktails running and Fiji firmly on NRL club's radars they'll be able to put together a strong team using mostly homegrown players.

9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

If you take Australia out of the equation the next half dozen or so teams I think are really evenly matched . I have actually more enjoyed  England vs. New Zealand as I think  they are well matched.

Yep.... Just need the NRL to see the bigger picture and release them for fixtures... SL and Elite 1 players the same for English and French players too

4 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

A fair few of the Fijian players aren't eligible for Origin because of the 'lived in QLD/NSW before the age of 13' rule. Semi Radradra for example got selected for the Roos on the residency rule which was 3 years at the time, he couldn't play Origin though. Kikau, Sivo, Ravalawa, Vunivalu would all be the same. Hopefully in 5-10 years with the Silktails running and Fiji firmly on NRL club's radars they'll be able to put together a strong team using mostly homegrown players.

With regards this WC , I more concerned about  Daniel Safiti, I think  if Fiji is going to be really competitive they need him and his brother in the front row.

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

With regards this WC , I more concerned about  Daniel Safiti, I think  if Fiji is going to be really competitive they need him and his brother in the front row.

Yeh he'll be on the radar for Australia unfortunately, not a lock by any mwans though.

Front row is where Fiji have some decent depth at least.

15 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep.... Just need the NRL to see the bigger picture and release them for fixtures... SL and Elite 1 players the same for English and French players too

The problem is that SOO is such a money spinner,   Fittler was even talking the other day about having Poms and different Islander players play  SOO with no regard for international eligibility at all. But among the people who actually run the game there has definitely  been more talk about the importance of  the international calendar.. Now that they know that they can get big crowds in places like Perth and Melbourne  they are looking for matches to play there . 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Young Blood said:

Wakeham can also play for Lebanon he and Moses can form good halves combo.

Also, the Lebanon-qualified Adam Doueihi has stated that his ambition is to move from FB to the halves in future.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Also, the Lebanon-qualified Adam Doueihi has stated that his ambition is to move from FB to the halves in future.

I had an ambition to pipe Christina Aguilera once, it didnt pan out. I'd keep him at full back or centre. Great player though.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Jarome Luai alongside Anthony Milford in the half’s for Samoa could be a lethal combination. It’ll be a tough ask for England in their opening game. The so called tier 2 teams will have some World Class half backs at this World Cup.

Was thinking the same after the Roosters game (although I don’t agree Milford is world class). 

Stephen Crichton in the centres too. Samoan born.

The posters on this thread have forgotten about Brayden Williame. He would be the other centre with Waqa Blake. 

Naiqama would play at full back.

If Hayne is convicted of rape, then his rugby league career is over. In that eventuality, the five eighth would be Moceidreke.

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The posters on this thread have forgotten about Brayden Williame. He would be the other centre with Waqa Blake. 

If Hayne is convicted of rape, then his rugby league career is over. In that eventuality, the five eighth would be Moceidreke.

Hayne won't play again regardless.

new rise.jpg

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Koroisau at 6 with Lovodua at 9 is another option.

On 03/10/2020 at 09:52, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Jarome Luai alongside Anthony Milford in the half’s for Samoa could be a lethal combination. It’ll be a tough ask for England in their opening game. The so called tier 2 teams will have some World Class half backs at this World Cup.

Milford hasn’t got anywhere near being lethal in years.

Archived