Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

Salford 9/5 with Corals

Leeds 50/1 to win by 36-40

£10 bet on each. Silly, I know, not entirely my money.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

6 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Salford 9/5 with Corals

Leeds 50/1 to win by 36-40

£10 bet on each. Silly, I know, not entirely my money.

Reds will either just nick it, or get stuffed. Hedging my bets.

• Like 1

• Like 5

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Nice to see Wilky looking so well.

The morning after they finish that bottle, he'll be looking a little less well. :kolobok_biggrin:

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The morning after they finish that bottle, he'll be looking a little less well. :kolobok_biggrin:

I suggest they drink it come hell or high water, but do be sure to take it with a few drops of water.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:47, John Drake said:

Discuss the Coral Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils here.

I hope it's a good match, but what is the point of holding it at Wembley in the middle of a pandemic? Nobody can travel apart from the players. 

• Confused 2

Best wishes to both teams .I'm sure the winners will still enjoy the celebrations in a somewhat subdued capital. 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Looking forward to this much more than in recent years. Not sure why.

Maybe it’s because in recent times the Cup Final has almost seemed a distraction from the pointy end of Super League? 

Anyway, good luck to all and may the best team win.

Sadly we are not scheduled to get it in Western Canada, so will have to make do with any highlights that end up on You Tube. I suspect Leeds will win by 3 scores, but I really want Salford to win, I love Watson’s coaching and although they are not large in number, Salford fans deserve to see success on the big stage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Sadly we are not scheduled to get it in Western Canada, so will have to make do with any highlights that end up on You Tube. I suspect Leeds will win by 3 scores, but I really want Salford to win, I love Watson’s coaching and although they are not large in number, Salford fans deserve to see success on the big stage.

Could you not use a VPN to watch it online? 

Quite a sad day really, the Challenge Cup is one of those events that any decent side getting on a hot streak can win and in the last 25 years Clubs outside the big 4 in Rugby League have given their supporters the big day out on the national stage.

So if your a Salford fan once the club gets back on the big stage you canot be there, as Salford have a punchers chance of winning the original Red Devils could lift the Cup to precisely no-one, a comment on these troubled times.

A cup win could be transformational for Salford, then again as with the Grand Final appearance, it could lead tp the big four swooping, vulture like, on the club and signing up the top talent. Either way, I bet Salford fans would have liked to have their day in the sun.

Leeds to win by 12.

• Thanks 1

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

just hoping the commentary team dont give away the nrl semi final result during their wafflings as i and am sure a lot of others with have it recorded for this evenings viewing 

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

19 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

14 hours ago, Norman Perry said:

I hope it's a good match, but what is the point of holding it at Wembley in the middle of a pandemic? Nobody can travel apart from the players. 

Better Wembley for consistency and status I feel

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

just hoping the commentary team dont give away the nrl semi final result during their wafflings as i and am sure a lot of others with have it recorded for this evenings viewing 

Yes... This!!! 

I always watch NRL games in the evening.... Worth a bit of NRL360 first to get a build up going 

I've been lucky that only very infrequently do I get the result spoiled. A bloke at work who is a fan of the game has had a flea in his ear for doing it once or twice

Best of luck to Salford in this one. No disrespect to Leeds, but there are some good people associated with Salford (Blease, Wilkinson, Watson.. etc) who have never had a sniff of the success their efforts have deserved down the years. 

The circumstances are sad but, like MoK, I am oddly excited about this final.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm wearing my red jumper today.Liverpool in the Merseyside Derby and Salford in the Challenge Cup Final.Being from Yorkshire and a Fev supporter i should probably be rooting for Leeds.During the Semi against Warrington i found myself shouting just as hard for Salfords never say die efforts than i have done at some of Fevs big games.Just hope the Final does the game proud.

Good bit of promo for the final just now on the BBC breakfast show, interlinked with raising the profile of Rob Burrow. 

I thought Simon Johnson spoke well and that lady from Pudsey was really pleasant, a good little segment.

Even so, cmon Salford 👊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Best of luck to Salford in this one. No disrespect to Leeds, but there are some good people associated with Salford (Blease, Wilkinson, Watson.. etc) who have never had a sniff of the success their efforts have deserved down the years. 

The circumstances are sad but, like MoK, I am oddly excited about this final.

Yes I agree they're my second club 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Better Wembley for consistency and status I feel

Could've  played it at Leigh or Dewsbury as there is no one going to be in there. Why travel 250 miles & self isolate after, when you can self isolate after 50 miles? London is bubbles lockdown again.

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Could've  played it at Leigh or Dewsbury as there is no one going to be in there. Why travel 250 miles & self isolate after, when you can self isolate after 50 miles? London is bubbles lockdown again.

As ever, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next month the RFL will be moaning why the government are not supporting Rugby League, after spending an enormous amount of money, hiring an empty 90k seating stadium, when we could be saving the RFL 1000's by playing the final in an empty stadium, somewhere up north

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

As ever, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

As usual, you don't see the bigger picture, why have the expense of hiring Wembley, when the final can take place for free (ish), somewhere up north, and not spread a virus around.