Jump to content

Micky McIlorum and Joel Tomkins at the RFL Disciplinary.


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See Mose Masoe or Adam O'brien. That is why you don't touch an injured player especially with a head knock.

This was my favourite part.

Shows you how lucky Makinson was to only get 5 matches for his testicle juggling.

So the Review and Tribunal system worked as it should. 

However, since 1895, there has been no solution to the problem of a team benefitting because an offending player stayed on the pitch when a serious offence was been missed by   the officials. 

  • Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

So the Review and Tribunal system worked as it should. 

However, since 1895, there has been no solution to the problem of a team benefitting because an offending player stayed on the pitch when a serious offence was been missed by   the officials. 

It wasn’t missed by officials. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Over the top stiff sentences for both players. If they'd both got 10 minutes sin binning at the time it would have been more sensible.

McIlorum made a split second error of judgement keeping his hand in as Dwyer fell in the tackle. Pulling him up was a reaction to what Mickey wrongly presumed to be over theatrics. He was naive rather than malicious.

Tomkins was just stupid and seemed to blankly react to Myler by getting dragged into the thrashing about on the deck and doing something completely out of character for no fathomable reason. 

The danger of the dubious social media hankering to throw the book at the 2 lads is a recipe that could sadly see our game slip towards the devious pantomime of what football has become, a game plagued by the benefits of over reaction for the slightest of contacts. McIlorum & Tomkins will pay the price of their errors but please remember this is Rugby League not Mo Salah & Rashford flopping around every 5 minutes.

Laughable.

They have both made the same split second judgements numerous times. Unfortunately its such bish bash that puts tv companies and sponsors off our game. Most other sports have evolved since the 1950's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cookey said:

Laughable.

They have both made the same split second judgements numerous times. Unfortunately its such bish bash that puts tv companies and sponsors off our game. Most other sports have evolved since the 1950's.

I'm not sure we need to go over the top, we see plenty of bad behaviour in other sports, most of them have far more sponsors than us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Well, If I've learned anything tonight it is that you can't just go round fingering people...

well I, for one, am very happy you learned that tonight... i'm slightly disturbed you didnt know that before but at least you know it now!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure we need to go over the top, we see plenty of bad behaviour in other sports, most of them have far more sponsors than us. 

I agree. RL, by its very nature, isn't played by angels. It often takes that competitive, combative edge and will to win to get to the top and things happen in the heat of the moment. Yes thuggery should be dealt with harshly, which often happens, but its often a very fine line between a mistimed tackle and a great tackle. One we rightly condemn, the other we praise.

Some of the most thuggish acts you will ever see happen in Football, which is by some distance the worlds most popular sport. I have seen some real shocking tackles, career ending tackles, and elbows that are as bad if not worse than anything you will see in RL.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

The danger of the dubious social media hankering to throw the book at the 2 lads is a recipe that could sadly see our game slip towards the devious pantomime of what football has become, a game plagued by the benefits of over reaction for the slightest of contacts. McIlorum & Tomkins will pay the price of their errors but please remember this is Rugby League not Mo Salah & Rashford flopping around every 5 minutes.

We can all argue about the punishment they have recieved and whether it is correct, too lenient or too harsh.

But sticking your finger up another players @##$ is not 'Rugby League'. Certainly not the sport I have watched and played for 35 years.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

McIlorum made a split second error of judgement keeping his hand in as Dwyer fell in the tackle. Pulling him up was a reaction to what Mickey wrongly presumed to be over theatrics. He was naive rather than malicious.

Really? Naïve? After thumping him across the face clenched fists and all? He thought he was going to get caught - the only naïvity was not knowing the match review panel would take a very negative view of his actions.

I'll repeat again. Mose Masoe and Adam O'Brien only this year alone are reasons why you absolutely 100% cannot touch an injured player especially with a head knock. Both of those incidents looked quite innocuous too. Its worse because he knew Dwyer had a head knock because he deliberately gave him one (supported by the 2 game ban from the panel).

It was utterly selfish behaviour that does not belong on a rugby league pitch. We're here to play a game, not damage people. The game has at the elite level largely stamped out thugs like McIlorum, but a few persist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Over the top stiff sentences for both players. If they'd both got 10 minutes sin binning at the time it would have been more sensible.

McIlorum made a split second error of judgement keeping his hand in as Dwyer fell in the tackle. Pulling him up was a reaction to what Mickey wrongly presumed to be over theatrics. He was naive rather than malicious.

Tomkins was just stupid and seemed to blankly react to Myler by getting dragged into the thrashing about on the deck and doing something completely out of character for no fathomable reason. 

The danger of the dubious social media hankering to throw the book at the 2 lads is a recipe that could sadly see our game slip towards the devious pantomime of what football has become, a game plagued by the benefits of over reaction for the slightest of contacts. McIlorum & Tomkins will pay the price of their errors but please remember this is Rugby League not Mo Salah & Rashford flopping around every 5 minutes.

Yes indeed they were both severely provoked .... 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Over the top stiff sentences for both players. If they'd both got 10 minutes sin binning at the time it would have been more sensible.

McIlorum made a split second error of judgement keeping his hand in as Dwyer fell in the tackle. Pulling him up was a reaction to what Mickey wrongly presumed to be over theatrics. He was naive rather than malicious.

Tomkins was just stupid and seemed to blankly react to Myler by getting dragged into the thrashing about on the deck and doing something completely out of character for no fathomable reason. 

The danger of the dubious social media hankering to throw the book at the 2 lads is a recipe that could sadly see our game slip towards the devious pantomime of what football has become, a game plagued by the benefits of over reaction for the slightest of contacts. McIlorum & Tomkins will pay the price of their errors but please remember this is Rugby League not Mo Salah & Rashford flopping around every 5 minutes.

I think you make a fair point.  Tomkins was daft, in the middle of a heated exchange.  He pushed Myler own on the neck and that started it.  A penalty is deserved because he started it all with that.  8 matches though?  That's a laff.  Someone dropping someone on the head or twisting a knee only gets 4.

McCollum deserved his 2 games for his foul.  He was lazy with his arm.  And for me he was crass in lifting the player afterwards.  The game is hard and increasingly fast.  Hair trigger commentators need to wake up to that because they are going to end up playing pat a cake.  There are endless tackles around the 'shoulder' which contact the neck.   Players fall and slip.  Heads are regularly hit.   See Tedesco today, which was not a foul, but he got a knee.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

We can all argue about the punishment they have recieved and whether it is correct, too lenient or too harsh.

But sticking your finger up another players @##$ is not 'Rugby League'. Certainly not the sport I have watched and played for 35 years.

Indeed. For things like mistimed tackles, swinging arms, lashing out there are often some degree of mitigating circumstance. It may be a mistimed tackled, tiredness, heat of the moment, provocation etc but whatever causes it it is normally within the normal ebb and flow of the game. It's no excuse, and some are obviously far worse than others, but hopefully they are dealt with harshly and appropriately.

Sticking a finger up you someone's behind is in no way part of the game and is on another level and the player concerned knows exactly what they are doing. These acts should rightly be dealt with very harshly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JohnM said:

You know exactly what I mean. 

And the ref did not call it because it happens quickly, the defender was falling. The game went on because no evidence of a foul until Dwyer early had a busted nose.

McIlorum deserved 2 games for the penalty.   In other matters crass hysteria rules.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

And the ref did not call it because it happens quickly, the defender was falling. The game went on because no evidence of a foul until Dwyer early had a busted nose.

McIlorum deserved 2 games for the penalty.   In other matters crass hysteria rules.

If Dwyer had injured his neck, from whiplash entirely plausible from the thump he got from McIlorum, then picking him up and dropping him again only displays the utter selfishness and thuggery of the man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

And the ref did not call it because it happens quickly, the defender was falling. The game went on because no evidence of a foul until Dwyer early had a busted nose.

McIlorum deserved 2 games for the penalty.   In other matters crass hysteria rules.

Once he was down then the video ref should have stood in and dealt with it making the high tackle a penalty at the least.. the fact it was play on was poor officiating. 

The finger up the harris deserves a long ban.. he move his hand down there from being on his back he knew exactly what he was doing and its a disgraceful act.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommygilf said:

If Dwyer had injured his neck, from whiplash entirely plausible from the thump he got from McIlorum, then picking him up and dropping him again only displays the utter selfishness and thuggery of the man.

That's fantasy.  Players are tackled and thrown around all the time.  As I say there a lot of hyperbole.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

And the ref did not call it because it happens quickly, the defender was falling. The game went on because no evidence of a foul until Dwyer early had a busted nose.

McIlorum deserved 2 games for the penalty.   In other matters crass hysteria rules.

Sorry but I can't agree to that.

As soon as I saw it I thought it obvious that it was a swinging arm with intent. Look at the Leeds' players reactions near the incident.

Seems Kendall was the only one who didn't see it.

Apart from you perhaps.

  • Like 3

                                    "It started out in innocence, the way that most things do,
                                     a thousand people crammed in one place, but the only face was you"

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I think you make a fair point.  Tomkins was daft, in the middle of a heated exchange.  He pushed Myler own on the neck and that started it.  A penalty is deserved because he started it all with that.  8 matches though?  That's a laff.  Someone dropping someone on the head or twisting a knee only gets 4.

 

Erm, you do realise he hasn't got a ban for pushing Myler down on the neck don't you?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

That's fantasy.  Players are tackled and thrown around all the time.  As I say there a lot of hyperbole.

Not when they've stayed down injured after a tackle they aren't.

McIlorum thought he was playing for a penalty, and because evidently he has the mental capacity of a teaspoon he thought "I only whacked you get up you soft xxxx" and tried to get play to carry on because he knew he'd hit him clenched fist across the face. Dwyer also had blood streaming down his face lets not forget, so its not even a "feigning" scenario.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

On here after 1 hour 38 mins of the actual posted video or 51 mins 30 seconds of the game time.

 

Ta for that. I often have sympathy for the defender in the situation where the ball carrier is falling into the arms of the tackler. This is yet another occasion where I am less sympathetic with Mcilorum in particular. Didnt see the following lifting/ragging incident which is a shame in a gory sort of way.

As for JT, .......! Thing is, what actual damage/discomfort could he cause in that situation? That he chose to find out is good enough for me. Bye Bye Joel.

As I understand it Officials can not be criticised because they don't knock on, throw forward passes etc. So I won't. If things were different though...

 

  • Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Sorry but I can't agree to that.

As soon as I saw it I thought it obvious that it was a swinging arm with intent. Look at the Leeds' players reactions near the incident.

Seems Kendall was the only one who didn't see it.

Apart from you perhaps.

while the player is down injured then surely the video ref gets a chance to have a look as well which is why i am baffled it wasnt dealt with the officials on the day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...