Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Bulls have put out a vague statement about discussions with RFL about Odsal. It does not really say anything, but I guess Bradford hope it means a lot.

It strikes me that given the links the Bradford management have with the RFL then they ought to be the favourites in the betting.  (Do BetFred have a book, BTW?).  Which club ought to be favourites is a different matter.

Are you suggesting 'Insider leanings' Princey?

39 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.  But ultimately the decision will be down to opinion. 

Unfortunately, the RFL and SL have no plan no road map for the future. Even if it wad a skeleton plan, we could all see where we might be going.

But we are hamstrung by lack of investment. For instance, and its only a for instance (others can give another), over a set period we could aim for 2 teams in France, 1 in London, 1 in Wales.  And we could hope for 11 existing SL clubs.    Why keep it secret - what ever the plan is.  Just have a plan... but it needs investment.

The criteria are such that it shouldn't be ie finance - whats in the bank, are you profitable and whats the owner willing and able to tip in. Ground - facilities, capacity, appearance on sky etc etc

We are hamstrung by lack of vision, and lack of French TV deal that includes £'s

Ha I actually worked with Harry Gration and was impressed with his promotion of a couple of Welsh matches. I'll never forget his poster campaign in Cardiff and two posters in particular ''Rugby League - not a game for flankers'' and the other featuring a picture of Jonathan Davies ''Come and see a real dragon fly''. 

1 hour ago, GaryHall said:

Very interesting.Thanks for Sharing.

These Wigan owners do seem to upset genuine rugby league fans.

Mark Campbell has been right on the  money for the last 2 years.

It's going to be a Yorkshire club ain't it...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On 05/12/2020 at 13:21, Angelic Cynic said:

These Wigan owners do seem to upset genuine rugby league fans.(1)

It's going to be a Yorkshire club ain't it...(2)

(1) Yes it's all those Pies

(2) Of Course Not!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

For Stock Car Racing.............................brilliant if you like that kind of thing.

The level of my indifference to this news remains measureless.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

For Stock Car Racing.............................brilliant if you like that kind of thing.

Why,wont same  bull fans of rugby be on same terrace day before racing.i did both for years.

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Also for the Bulls, due to be announced later this week. Work to start on Odsal in January. Bulls to move back in March/April.

Yep, a multi sports venue for everyone to enjoy,,whats not to like??:kolobok_moil:

Archived