Jump to content

Some bad news for French RL


Recommended Posts


30 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

https://treizemondial.fr/lyon-villeurbanne-renonce-aussi-elite-2/
 

Both clubs have withdrawn from Elite 2 for the upcoming season. 
 

Some shots from Lyon’s head honcho at the FFRXIII claiming they ignored the clubs’ desires for two pools in Elite Two.

To be honest I saw this coming.

FRL NEEDS TO FOCUS ON TRADITIONAL CLUBS  AND REGIONS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

To be honest I saw this coming.

FRL NEEDS TO FOCUS ON TRADITIONAL CLUBS  AND REGIONS

Lyon are a traditional club though aren’t they? Albeit a bit distant from their heartlands. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lyon drop down a division and Toulon stop altogether. There's a good chance the u15s will go to fortnightly or monthly tournaments like the kids! Which isn't a great idea for me, the kids need to play 13 a side and have a bit of competition over 60 mins and not 7 matches of 12 minutes over a day. Only 19 refs in the whole of France now and hoping another 4 will come back before the season starts in n elite 2 this weekend, so no refs for 3rd and 4th division,  neither the u19s national, u17s , u15s and u13s, only elite 1 elite 2 and elite u18s will have a ref. 

Its a bad state of affairs! 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

To be honest I saw this coming.

FRL NEEDS TO FOCUS ON TRADITIONAL CLUBS  AND REGIONS

Sounds like an M62 corridor view.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Lyon drop down a division and Toulon stop altogether. There's a good chance the u15s will go to fortnightly or monthly tournaments like the kids! Which isn't a great idea for me, the kids need to play 13 a side and have a bit of competition over 60 mins and not 7 matches of 12 minutes over a day. Only 19 refs in the whole of France now and hoping another 4 will come back before the season starts in n elite 2 this weekend, so no refs for 3rd and 4th division,  neither the u19s national, u17s , u15s and u13s, only elite 1 elite 2 and elite u18s will have a ref. 

Its a bad state of affairs! 

The World Cup will help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Lyon drop down a division and Toulon stop altogether. There's a good chance the u15s will go to fortnightly or monthly tournaments like the kids! Which isn't a great idea for me, the kids need to play 13 a side and have a bit of competition over 60 mins and not 7 matches of 12 minutes over a day. Only 19 refs in the whole of France now and hoping another 4 will come back before the season starts in n elite 2 this weekend, so no refs for 3rd and 4th division,  neither the u19s national, u17s , u15s and u13s, only elite 1 elite 2 and elite u18s will have a ref. 

Its a bad state of affairs! 

Is Lacoste aware of these issues? Or is he one to bury his head?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Sounds like an M62 corridor view.

No it's not Griff because the clubs are spread out so far Perpignan to Lyon is like going from London to Newcastle.

Elite 2 regional makes sense it was always more traveling than Elite 1.

 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

Is Lacoste aware of these issues? Or is he one to bury his head?

I don't think he knows what he let himself in for, apparently he's working very hard, as is Patrick pedrazani the vice president who was from the janzac list, but I heard some of the people on the lacoste list aren't as motivated and messing a good few things up. 

Edited by barnyia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I don't think he knows what he let himself in for, apparently he's working very hard, as is Patrick pedrazani the vice president who was from the janzac list, but I heard some of the people on the lacoste list aren't as motivated and messing a good few things up. 

Spot on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, barnyia said:

Lyon drop down a division and Toulon stop altogether. There's a good chance the u15s will go to fortnightly or monthly tournaments like the kids! Which isn't a great idea for me, the kids need to play 13 a side and have a bit of competition over 60 mins and not 7 matches of 12 minutes over a day. Only 19 refs in the whole of France now and hoping another 4 will come back before the season starts in n elite 2 this weekend, so no refs for 3rd and 4th division,  neither the u19s national, u17s , u15s and u13s, only elite 1 elite 2 and elite u18s will have a ref. 

Its a bad state of affairs! 

Sounds like they could do with a bit of help from across the channel, Christ Trent Robinson and the NRL might be worth giving a ring, it`s off-season over here now maybe a few junior Aussie refs might like a working holiday for free-board and a feed.

Edited by The Rocket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a basic knowledge of RL in France, this sort of stuff has been going on for years. It's not new but the game is too weak there now to be able to handle upsets and walk outs. I wonder if a non French person in charge of the game there may be a better way forward? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

maybe a few junior Aussie refs might like a working holiday for free-board and a feed.

You might want to google visas at some point.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

To those on here obsessed with expansion what ever the costs, please take note.

Failure to expand guarantees contraction is a worthwhile lesson to pick up.

We agree.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Plenty of Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas come over and "work/play" for local cricket clubs in Britain tbf. Its not abnormal per se.

They tend to have a job as club professional which is technically a full time job and/or that happened prior to the loss of easy to attain kolpak visas and/or they are playing recreational cricket whilst having a job in something else which may not be related to cricket.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

They tend to have a job as club professional which is technically a full time job and/or that happened prior to the loss of easy to attain kolpak visas and/or they are playing recreational cricket whilst having a job in something else which may not be related to cricket.

Yeah like "club groundsman" or something similar - in my limited experience anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RayCee said:

From a basic knowledge of RL in France, this sort of stuff has been going on for years. It's not new but the game is too weak there now to be able to handle upsets and walk outs. I wonder if a non French person in charge of the game there may be a better way forward? 

I doubt it, the fact is the game is a minor sport with very little money. It competes with RU and soccer. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Plenty of Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas come over and "work/play" for local cricket clubs in Britain tbf. Its not abnormal per se.

It is for Rugby League in the UK. League 1 is classed as a "professional" league. (Laughable, I know) so work permit regulations come into force. 

London Skolars were caught out badly a few years ago, when they had put together a decent side. Their foreign players had to leave the club. A lot of them started playing rugby union in 'amateur' leagues for more money than Skolars had been paying them.

The level at Skolars tanked immediately after that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...