Behind the scenes documentary

Phil W

1 hour ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

There was a fly on the wall series on Wigan when Alex Murphy was coach. I don't know how well it was received but there were a lot of complaints about bad language.

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Here you go marra sit back and enjoy. 

Full programme is out there 😉

Just watched first 10 minutes, brings back so many memories, nostalgic working class culture, even though times move on never forget or be ashamed of our backgrounds, that documentary is head and shoulders above most stuff on the TV now, produced correctly a similar programme would be ideal for our sport.

I remember the workington town documentary yanto being filmed at a similar time, I think you might be on that one

It’s interesting. In an age of social media, it is strange that I feel the players have never been more isolated and detracted from the fans that watch them, than what they were in the days of semi professionalism.

Personalities in the NRL a swiftly squashed if they don’t toe the party line. In many ways, the corporate, capitalist nature of professional football has actually diminished a public experience.

So whatever show would be created, I would actually like to learn more about the key players and their insights into being a professional footballer and their opinion on wider matters in the game and in the stands.

Rugby League Raw was shown on Yorkshire Television from 2000 to 2004 and the by the BBC until 2007.John Helm and Dave Woods  worked on the programme showing games and the dressing rooms after the game .During the play off matches some choice language was heard in the dressing rooms from coaches and players.It was shown in North East,Yorkshire and North Midlands,East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and the North West with 400.000 viewers.The programme won 2 Royal Television awards plus other nominations.I have not tried but it can be found on BBC i Player if my memory is correct it is well worth a view.

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Just watched first 10 minutes, brings back so many memories, nostalgic working class culture, even though times move on never forget or be ashamed of our backgrounds, that documentary is head and shoulders above most stuff on the TV now, produced correctly a similar programme would be ideal for our sport.

I remember the workington town documentary yanto being filmed at a similar time, I think you might be on that one

Had a cameo😉

That was a good documentary and like "Another Bloody Sunday" showed the real heart of a RL area.

On 27/02/2022 at 11:14, M j M said:

Yes, one about a winning team would be a bit tedious. You need failure and heartbreak and disasters, plus some stupidity, miscommunication and comedy, maybe a bit of hope and success and finally a shocking ending.

The documentary of Radford's time at Hull is just begging to be made.

Until the last line I seriously thought you were talking about Leeds then.

Lets face it Agar has to be right up there as joke coaches with Radford. Leeds went from Champions to almost getting relegated in the space of a year, and they're now languishing at the bottom of SL despite (allegedly) having the biggest budget, best stadium & facilities, best youngsters etc.

It would make fascinating watching, from an Agar coaching session to the out of tune band in the South stand, to the Headingly call centre fielding the thousands of calls from irate fans after another loss. The possibilities are endless, I mean Bentley could even get his own spin-off series titled "The Disciplinary and Me" 😁

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Seem to recall a Wigan tour to NZ being given the Documentary treatment back in the early 90's. Probably around 91' / 92'.

Have a memory of it featuring David Myers.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Surprised no one has mentioned Rugby League Raw yet. That was great and very gritty.

The 2006 tour one was excellent also, so maybe a world cup one with England or any of the home nations would be good.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Got to agree, both the players are now anonymous & the RL Raw series was great during the NFP years.

It would be good to have a documentary with a mix of teams facing different challenges - League 1, Championship & SL but would need to be done positively so aspiring clubs.

The obvious one would be England & the World Cup. The one done a while ago when England Knights went to PNG with Baloo & JJB was really interesting and showed the players personalities, professionalism etc

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I think a good one would be one on the promoted team to see how they prepare for the jump from the Championship to Super League.

It'd just be their chairman frantically ringing round agents trying to pick up some scraps on 1 year contracts, so not really interesting viewing.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I personally feel that a behind the scenes look at the build up to and participation in the 2022 World Cup from the perspectives of the Men's, Women's, Wheelchair and Physical Disability Rugby League (PDRL) teams would make a great series.

It would be able to provide insights into the preparations of full time athletes in a really tough sport alongside some really interesting human stories.

That has Channel 4 written all over it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Do you know where it is available at all?

Yes!  whole thing available on You Tube !

search   De sang et de feu                         if anybody wants DVD available from Catalan club shop on line

2 hours ago, RLX111 said:

Yes!  whole thing available on You Tube !

search   De sang et de feu                         if anybody wants DVD available from Catalan club shop on line

Merci. 

I presumed you meant the Sang et Feu documentary after I had typed that. It was just that you said Sang et Or, I thought it might have been something different.  

Am watching it as I write this. 👊🏼

12 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Merci. 

I presumed you meant the Sang et Feu documentary after I had typed that. It was just that you said Sang et Or, I thought it might have been something different.  

12 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Merci. 

Excellent

Archived