Sun 6th Mar: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/22 at 15:30

Salford always seem to get better of us in both fixtures each season.  I believe we have only beaten 3 times since we won the LLS.

Hopefully this season we will put a stop to this pattern of results.

Fages back after his ban so going Giants by 20pts.

Salford probably weren't as bad as the score suggested against Hull. I still think they are decent team that has a chance to trouble the playoffs with a fair wind. These are two very even teams. Home advantage just tips it in Huddersfield's favour imo.

Huddersfield by 6

Interesting game this.  Imo Hudds have a top 5 team.  Salford will be desperate to improve on last weeks performance.  

Hudds giving 12 points start is only even money so the bookies are confident in a home win.  I think it might be closer than that.

On 03/03/2022 at 12:03, MZH said:

Salford probably weren't as bad as the score suggested against Hull. 

Huddersfield by 6

So were they as bad as todays score suggests?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 03/03/2022 at 11:28, Harry Stottle said:

Also a battle off the field Watson v Rowley, the latter has a lot to do after last week's performance, I think it will come down to the performance of the defences both teams equipped to post quite a few on the board.

Giants by 10.

Absolutely no contest whatsoever, Rowley was a poor coach at Leigh and still is, god knows what his gameplan was - err...give it Sneyd and if he's playing bab still give it him and let's try and get into Huddersfield's half.

Watson must've thought it was his birthday coming up against that effort!!

18 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

So were they as bad as todays score suggests?

Yes, if you think of a football team who had 30% possession and no shots on goal then that was Salford, the scoreline actually flattered them a bit as we probably bombed another 20+ points with errors and wrong decisions. I can only recall them having 2 attacking sets near ourline and they dropped them both.

We were probably no higher than 3rd gear all game, we were very clunky in attack but had way too much for a Salford team who's defensive tactics in the 2nd half seemed to be give away high shots to try and stop us.

Will Pryce is probably already up there with the most exciting youngsters i've ever seen, as soon as he got the ball and stepped i knew it was going to be a try.

Lolohea is looking like a great signing for us and i bet Salford wish they still had that W****r coaching them

Only surprise really was Salford fans weren't fighting with anyone this time.

All in all a comfortable and easy win with very little in opposition, Watson's moulding us into a really good team - like Salford a couple of years ago 🙂

56 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Yes, if you think of a football team who had 30% possession and no shots on goal then that was Salford, the scoreline actually flattered them a bit as we probably bombed another 20+ points with errors and wrong decisions. I can only recall them having 2 attacking sets near ourline and they dropped them both.

We were probably no higher than 3rd gear all game, we were very clunky in attack but had way too much for a Salford team who's defensive tactics in the 2nd half seemed to be give away high shots to try and stop us.

Will Pryce is probably already up there with the most exciting youngsters i've ever seen, as soon as he got the ball and stepped i knew it was going to be a try.

Lolohea is looking like a great signing for us and i bet Salford wish they still had that W****r coaching them

Only surprise really was Salford fans weren't fighting with anyone this time.

All in all a comfortable and easy win with very little in opposition, Watson's moulding us into a really good team - like Salford a couple of years ago 🙂

Absolutely. Pryce is the most exciting prospect I've seen since Danny McGuire came onto the scene in 2002/3. You just knew with McGuire that he had to be fast tracked to the national squad and the same with Pryce. He is just as gifted as Dodd at Saints and should be a shoe in for the WC 24-man squad if he has an injury free year.

Salfords tactical choices were bafling to start with and badly executed to finish

I wondered why Hull let Sneyd go, now I know...

Giants defence absolutely suffocated Salford ruthlessly, the attack was patient and varied and I was not expecting the outcome today.

Loloheia is best at fullback and Pryce at Stand Off, no two ways about it & Pryce absolutely needs to be in the England set up but the pack was today's star. Properly good.

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

Salfords tactical choices were bafling to start with and badly executed to finish

I wondered why Hull let Sneyd go, now I know...

Giants defence absolutely suffocated Salford ruthlessly, the attack was patient and varied and I was not expecting the outcome today.

Loloheia is best at fullback and Pryce at Stand Off, no two ways about it & Pryce absolutely needs to be in the England set up but the pack was today's star. Properly good.

Just watched the highlights. Chris Hill looks like he's got a new lease of life! The hole he has left at Wire is massive.

Just now, Scubby said:

Just watched the highlights. Chris Hill looks like he's got a new lease of life! The hole he has left at Wire is massive.

Absolutely superb for us so far this season, he definitely seems to be having a good dig in new surroundings 

Archived