Barrow in the cup.

Peter Winthorpe

Think we have had the Sheffield topic to death and can move on:

Now that Chris has had a training session with the players and had a chance to talk to them about the rumours, I hope  there will be an initial holding statement from the club, to stop the constant rumours.

Barrow are playing very well and given their fist 4 results should be in the playoffs at season end. Given that this is the cup and a Derby will we be hammered or can we provide genuine competition. They have several ex Town players, Stack, Ritson and Sammit, who we would take back tomorrow, but who may or not stand out in the tussle.

What is likely to be the Town support particularly as the game is to be televised. DPSC can't fill a coach, so likely to be poor. The Barrow fans should and may come out on mass.

Likely result given likely Towns likely poor morale, injuries and suspensions, head says no contest but heart says it will be much closer than we all expect!!

Over to those who know better than me.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect there to be a reaction from last week's performance, until Sundays and Mondays games I think most of us would have expected us to go their and give a good account of ourselves, my expectations haven't changed and I'm sure Chris will have them prepared to get at least some redemption.

Think there will be a reaction but barrow will take some beating on their own track, I predict someone will get banned for tackling above someones belly button...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

I have no doubt that Paul Crarey will see this as a potential banana skin.

There is no such thing as an easy derby game. Every Town player will be up for it.

I just hope the Raiders are prepared. The form book will be out of the window come Sunday.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

13 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I have no doubt that Paul Crarey will see this as a potential banana skin.

There is no such thing as an easy derby game. Every Town player will be up for it.

I just hope the Raiders are prepared. The form book will be out of the window come Sunday.

Excellent cramming in of as many cliches as possible !

Quiet on here!

I'm sure we will give barrow a game today as there has to be a reaction from the disappointment of last week. Hopefully Dec & Walker will be extra eager to put wrongs right.

The wind might make things interesting, but we know how they play and who the danger men are,  although it's difficult to plan for the off the cuff stuff that Sammut & Miloudi play so need to shut them down early. Forster comes alive 10 yards of our line, and Tee can't run with no room. We have shown we can compete, and hopefully get a half decent ref this time.

We have our own threats and they will undoubtedly target Jammer but he will be right up for it too. I know it's against popular belief but I think it will be tight with both teams going for it on telly. Heart says 20 - 24, head says other way round. No bans or injuries please and I'm going with my heart! UTT 🙏 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I was very nervous going into this game and having just seen the team and carrying 2 wingers in the bench we just need to get through this game with zero injuries for it to be a success

But hope the boys give a good account off them self's and prove myself and alot off others wrong

23 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I was very nervous going into this game and having just seen the team and carrying 2 wingers in the bench we just need to get through this game with zero injuries for it to be a success

But hope the boys give a good account off them self's and prove myself and alot off others wrong

Can only think thats the bare 17 looking at whose available. 2 wingers on the bench, plus Dec (thought he'd have been dropped). 

Settle.for no injuries or suspensions

26 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Didn’t realise Whitehaven had 2 wingers on bench?

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Can only think thats the bare 17 looking at whose available. 2 wingers on the bench, plus Dec (thought he'd have been dropped). 

Settle.for no injuries or suspensions

I think if we had a full squad he would have been dropped, as it is we've took 19 today, but apparently at least one had no chance of playing and is a filler.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Dunno . He’s a kid who’s played a few tough games straight so maybe just getting a spell 

Been disciplined I heard 

Archived