49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Since you don't know exactly why they are given its hard to know the validity. That goes in all games.

You can hear the ref calling every decision. For every set restart you can hear him call the reason why it is given.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, DavidM said:

Watching that replay that is one of the worst tackles I’ve seen in a long time . Risks serious damage to the neck or spine 

Had a similar feel to the Pryce tackle in terms of pushing the aggression into dangerous places. Bad one he will be banned for 4-6 on review.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Oh, so now you question a refs decision, how odd...

No, I am questioning your statement.

You are stating they are all correct, refs make mistakes. I accept their errors as part of the game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Where’s the VR there exactly ?

Some teams get more scrutinised than others.

Just my opinion but any teams other than these two and you are off for that.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Brown is doing an absolutely fantastic job of giving the impression this is a competitive game. 

I like Brown as a sunmariser.  If it was just him and not Terry as well then it would be better.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It’ll be interesting to see how bad this gets. Either they’ll stop trying or 40 is on. 

That’s 2 wins from 13, with 3 more likely to come. In my 40 years of watching, I am struggling to remember a less competitive run of derbies. Against a young team, as well. Huge credit to Sky for talking up the game. I know they aren’t always coherent, but they do a decent job of making one way traffic seem like a match. 

Gale got 5 for  a raised foot into contact with an oppositions player's leg.

What should you get for that rubbish?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

All over after Leuluai went off. Wigan just not in it in terms of tempo and intensity.

Powell should have been marched for the duration.

Saints falling like flies, so this game could decimate them for a little while.

It's no coincidence that the best team in the NRL (Penrith) and the best team in Super League (Saints) have outside backs that carry the ball strongly amd at speed away from their own line for 80 minutes every week. It makes such a difference to the way that their sets start (and so end) over the duration of the game.

Archived