Sun 12 Jun: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Castleford Tigers KO 15:30

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/22 at 15:00

we'll get battered

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

we'll get battered

30 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Shouldn’t this comment be in other sports under a cricket thread?

Or maybe under the food and drink thread?

By the law of averages, you would think that, at some point, TOXIII will benefit from a late drop goal, rather than lose by one (as against Wigan and the Giants) or see their closest relegation rivals win from one, as Wakefield did at the weekend after Gale fluffed two chances.

Mind you, first, Toulouse would have to actually try for one.  I recall the BBC radio commentator for their home game against Wigan being understandably confused as to why TOXIII didn't try for one when seemingly within range, just before Wigan scored theirs.

As to the visit of Cas, I will go for Toulouse by 2 points, something like 18 - 16.

Toulouse have sadly changed their style of play and become very super Leaguey, that's probably why pellisier and gigot aren't getting into the team, peats will probably play, so Norman and peats will probably control the game and play simple percentage rugby. Hopefully Toulouse will get a couple of wins in the next 6/7 home games, 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 1

Bit of a fixture analysis on the relegation battle with 13 games remaining to give context to the importance of some upcoming matches.

Toulouse (4 points) - 6 home games, 4 matches against the current top 4, 3 against the current bottom 4.

Wakefield (8 points) - 7 home games, 5 against top 4, 3 against bottom 4.

Warrington (10 points) - 5 home games, 4 against top 4, 4 against bottom 4. 

Salford (10 points) - 7 home games, 6 against top 4, 4 against bottom 4. 

Obviously the biggest fixture remaining is the magic round match between TO and Wakey. A TO loss there could make the gap insurmountable but a TO win could leave Wakey in an anxious position with no remaining games against the bottom 4 and 4 against the top 4 to finish the season.

I struggle to see any of these teams beating a top 4 side for the rest of the season so the point here is that home games for TO v the likes of Cas this week are going to be really crucial for the rest of their season.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, barnyia said:

Toulouse have sadly changed their style of play and become very super Leaguey, that's probably why pellisier and gigot aren't getting into the team, peats will probably play, so Norman and peats will probably control the game and play simple percentage rugby. Hopefully Toulouse will get a couple of wins in the next 6/7 home games, 

Pelissier and Gigot are fit but left out? That's depressing.

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

Pelissier and Gigot are fit but left out? That's depressing.

This is how they won the championship, playing the boring stuff up the middle. By bringing in Casty, Paulo, Peyroux, Garbutt et all to shore up the defense. 

Pelisier is an impact player, good to come on against a tired defence...and now the temperature is rising, even more so. He does tend to play his own game though. 

Gigot is one of those Marmite players. He can do some brilliant stuff but is equally good at kicking the ball backwards sometimes. They need someone consistent. Norman has that. Maybe Norman and Peats can bring about the 3 or 4 wins they need to get above Wakey. Leave the French flair game until next season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fevrover said:

You don't always get what you deserve.

That you Mick Jagger?

With Cas having five teams below them I reckon they're just about safe barring an absolute meltdown so I hope this particular fixture goes the way of the French to liven things up at the foot of the table.

Sorry KT.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, kiggy said:

This is how they won the championship, playing the boring stuff up the middle. By bringing in Casty, Paulo, Peyroux, Garbutt et all to shore up the defense. 

Pelisier is an impact player, good to come on against a tired defence...and now the temperature is rising, even more so. He does tend to play his own game though. 

Gigot is one of those Marmite players. He can do some brilliant stuff but is equally good at kicking the ball backwards sometimes. They need someone consistent. Norman has that. Maybe Norman and Peats can bring about the 3 or 4 wins they need to get above Wakey. Leave the French flair game until next season.

Corey Norman,consistent,I’ve never heard that said before.

12 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Quick return from a head knock for Alvaro? No Sangare.

No Alvaro. Justine has an ankle problem I believe. No Mitch either, or Joe. However, fingers crossed they will be OK for the Wigan match. Let's hope the France v Wales match isn't too brutal in the mean time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kiggy said:

No Alvaro. Justine has an ankle problem I believe. No Mitch either, or Joe. However, fingers crossed they will be OK for the Wigan match. Let's hope the France v Wales match isn't too brutal in the mean time.

Justin you mean? Has he transitioned to Justine?