Is This A Good Idea … Or Not ?

Was watching Dogs v Tigers and Vaughan got sin binned with 3 minutes left . My mam was in watching ( being forced to watch ) , started laughing and said ‘ off for ten minutes with three left … does he get seven at the start of the next game ‘ . Interesting suggestion I thought . Some guys get sinbinned in the last minute . What do we think , something to ponder or don’t be stupid mother …

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Was watching Dogs v Tigers and Vaughan got sin binned with 3 minutes left . My mam was in watching ( being forced to watch ) , started laughing and said ‘ off for ten minutes with three left … does he get seven at the start of the next game ‘ . Interesting suggestion I thought . Some guys get sinbinned in the last minute . What do we think , something to ponder or don’t be stupid mother …

One lap of the pitch for each minute left over. It's the SIN bin you ought to gain absolution through contrition. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

One lap of the pitch for each minute left over. It's the SIN bin you ought to gain absolution through contrition. 

*And* he has to pick up the cones and bring in all the muddy balls.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Sinbin is lose 10 minutes of 'person time' so three minutes left - Dogs lose 3 men for the rest of the game... simple.

• Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think part of the problem of negative play in the endgame is the game finishing on the final hooter. In my opinion the game should end when the current set of six finishes; however, set restarts would count as the current set. Thus slowing the ptb while watching the clock run down would be fruitless. 

42 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's a bit like the various yellow card accumulation rules in football. It actually makes sense to do it for sin bins.

Don't be stupid , it's far too obvious 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

It goes on your record and 3 sinbins is a one game ban ?

A really good idea.

We don't do cumulative points in a formal way for guilty verdicts/on reports/sin bins etc, do we?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

I think part of the problem of negative play in the endgame is the game finishing on the final hooter. In my opinion the game should end when the current set of six finishes; however, set restarts would count as the current set. Thus slowing the ptb while watching the clock run down would be fruitless. 

But game doesn’t end in hooter, play continues until next tackle completed. This means different length of games. Game should end on hooter.

We are not as bad as Union yet where game can continue for 5 or more minutes until a stoppage…but we are getting there.

11 hours ago, redjonn said:

or the disciplinary take account he didn't have a full 10mins and only a minimal amount and thus treat him with an harsher penalty than he would have otherwise obtained. 

This.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

But game doesn’t end in hooter, play continues until next tackle completed. This means different length of games. Game should end on hooter.

We are not as bad as Union yet where game can continue for 5 or more minutes until a stoppage…but we are getting there.

Negative law breaking without consequence should continue then? I'd like to see an end to it.

And a full set of six is about 45 seconds.

1 hour ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

Negative law breaking without consequence should continue then? I'd like to see an end to it.

And a full set of six is about 45 seconds.

Negative law breaking should be dealt with by sanctions identified for law breaking. Enforce the laws.