6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

This.

There are 24 marquee spots in the league I believe. He wasn't considered worth one.

That does assume that there are 12 clubs with the funds to each pay 2 marquee players.

20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

This.

There are 24 marquee spots in the league I believe. He wasn't considered worth one.

He wouldn't be next in line at saints, possibly quite a few in front of him. But good luck if he gets a big payday most cross coders are not worth the expense these days and thats both ways. 

Not marquee, but still entertaining. There’s not going to be much we can do to stop this sort of thing from happening. I think the fact he’s played Union at junior level has helped here. I doubt Racing 92 would pay top dollar to experiment with a pure-league player such as Makinson or Johnstone.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

He'll be wasting his talent, but he'll be well paid for it.

• Like 7

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

another kyle eastmond- less than average player going for the easy money - would of been way out of his depth in the nrl - just dont make the mistake of signing him back as soiled goods when it doesnt work out this time

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

53 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Not marquee, but still entertaining. There’s not going to be much we can do to stop this sort of thing from happening. I think the fact he’s played Union at junior level has helped here. I doubt Racing 92 would pay top dollar to experiment with a pure-league player such as Makinson or Johnstone.

There IS something we can do to stop this sort of thing happening.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

He can ###### off then to the rah rah cash French RU is a bore fest.

Plenty more where he came from.

Let's move on.

P

Not for us there isn't, a great talent and a bad loss. Again, the weakness of the sports' leadership and financial clout of the game means it loses out. 

• Like 2

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

another kyle eastmond- less than average player going for the easy money - would of been way out of his depth in the nrl - just dont make the mistake of signing him back as soiled goods when it doesnt work out this time

Not sure why you bring the NRL into this.

Hes a good SL winger in a very very good SL team. He probably looks better than he us as he plays for saints. Hes not worth a marquee salary for any club. If he played for Wakefield or Salford no one would really mention him.

Shame hes going, but he will never be on big money in SL as he will never be a top top player, so he may as well earn what he can in Union. He will probably have a longer career in Union as well as his body won't get the same wear and tear. Saying that, see if hes back in RL in about 2 years like many others..

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can't blame him but Christ it would be boring being on the edge in union

Im often on the edge watching union … the edge of falling asleep . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1