Sat 30 Jul: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 14:30

We're struggling for bodies this week so i am happy to write this one off and get some players back for an assault on the play-offs, Wire did us at their place and i'm not really confident our threadbare squad will cope with them this time either.

I hope i'm pleasantly surprised though.

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

We're struggling for bodies this week so i am happy to write this one off and get some players back for an assault on the play-offs, Wire did us at their place and i'm not really confident our threadbare squad will cope with them this time either.

Hull kr were down to the bare bones and still turned us over. We are abysmal defensively and look scared to death of anyone that comes within 10 metres of our line. The only reason we beat Huddersfield earlier in the season was because they had an eye on their cup semi the following week.

9 hours ago, daz39 said:

Isn't this game part of the assault on the play offs? there's still seven games to go and I expect a very inform Cas will only be a point behind you come this weekend, and HKR were probably more of a patched up team last week and they won at the HJ, surely you can beat Powell's lot, Watson just needs to tell the player's to conserve their energy for the last 20 minutes the Wire are already thinking about having a shower and a pint by that time.

I dare not guess at how many Huddersfield will shove up us.

It's a sad state of affairs at Wire and whilst I am sure many fans take great pleasure in seeing Warrington's implosion it is not good for the game as a whole. We all want to see strong, capable, talented teams battle out close fought games week after week, not a bunch of headless chickens scratching around cluelessly whilst the opposition tear them apart with ease.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CiderWire said:

I dare not guess at how many Huddersfield will shove up us.

It's a sad state of affairs at Wire and whilst I am sure many fans take great pleasure in seeing Warrington's implosion it is not good for the game as a whole. We all want to see strong, capable, talented teams battle out close fought games week after week, not a bunch of headless chickens scratching around cluelessly whilst the opposition tear them apart with ease.

I agree it’s not good for the game. We need more teams capable of challenging Saints, because even as a Saints fan (admittedly one that doesn’t go to many live games any more, and is more interested in the game as a whole) I’m finding it boring. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I agree it’s not good for the game. We need more teams capable of challenging Saints, because even as a Saints fan (admittedly one that doesn’t go to many live games any more, and is more interested in the game as a whole) I’m finding it boring. 

Agreed,there nothing worse than not having a competitive game,even if you're side are always winning. It's like Michael Schumacher used to be in F1. It can become quite monotonous.

On 28/07/2022 at 16:20, Dallas Mead said:

Not quite as Waki as Waki thankfully. 😎

2022 season :

SL Waki 2 Wire 0

RL Cup : Waki 1 Wire 0

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 26/07/2022 at 23:06, meast said:

We really are depleted this week, genuinely struggling to name a 21.

Hopefully we still best that shower 🙂

The "shower" who have contributed more to RL than your mob ever will,  you mean? Just remind me.... when did you last win a trophy?

Exactly!

• Haha 1

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

17 minutes ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

The "shower" who have contributed more to RL than your mob ever will,  you mean? Just remind me.... when did you last win a trophy?

Exactly!

2013, we've won the same amount of trophies in our histories so no you haven't contributed more!! 

and by the way we've also won the league more recently than you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is local to me now and I am very excited about going along. I don't hold much hope for the match, mind.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 hours ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

Exactly!

History is confined to reference books, it is the here and now you should be concerned with, not something that happened before this season, I can't see any plea from Wire saying we have recently won the Challenge Cup carrying any weight if you suffer the ultimate fate this season.

12 hours ago, daz39 said:

2013, we've won the same amount of trophies in our histories so no you haven't contributed more!! 

and by the way we've also won the league more recently than you !

The posts you and wilderspoolmemories highlights a problem with our sport, most clubs have scour their history for fleeting moments of success especially since SL inception and until more clubs can compete and win titles most rl supporters will drift from the game. 

• Like 3