Jump to content

Fri 12 Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)


Who will win?  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull Kingston Rovers
      14
    • Leeds Rhinos
      12

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/22 at 19:30

Recommended Posts


Leeds should win, they're on-form and Rovers are still well under-strength despite a couple returning, but we're at home and this lot have shown guts recently so it's a coin toss for me. Should be a good game though, I'm looking forward to my sunny weekend returning to the Puerto Banus of the North!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leeds have lost another 3 players to the disciplinary system so that pretty much levels it up I think . remains to be seen how leeds fill the spaces but pretty confident leeds have the young players who can step up and win  by perhaps 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps Craig could pin this thread for you John?

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Leeds should win, they're on-form and Rovers are still well under-strength despite a couple returning, but we're at home and this lot have shown guts recently so it's a coin toss for me. Should be a good game though, I'm looking forward to my sunny weekend returning to the Puerto Banus of the North! 

Drop the "Puerto" and the first letter of the following word and you've nailed it.😉

Think Leeds will edge this one but hoping for a KR win as looking at the run-in Leeds on paper have an easier run of games. If Salford are to make the top 6 I think we may need a few results to fall our way after last weekend's defeat.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/08/2022 at 21:50, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

returning to the Puerto Banus of the North!  

You sod, I nearly spit my cornflakes out all over the table reading that, Hull has as much in common with Puerto Banus, as Kabul has to Henly-on-Thames.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Two battered squads, Leeds naming a nineteen man squad and KR managing a a squad with combined squad numbers of 395. Twenty-seven rounds are great. 

It's Rugby League, even with the sanitisation effective programme it is still a high collision impact game what do you expect, I would class the players that remain in good health or should I say availble throughout the season as Lucky.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's Rugby League, even with the sanitisation effective programme it is still a high collision impact game what do you expect, I would class the players that remain in good health or should I say availble throughout the season as Lucky.

 

Given we had a backloaded 2020 through the covid outbreak, a short pre-season into 2021 and then a twenty-seven round 2022 season leading into a World Cup and a shorter turnaround into the 2023 season, I would have liked to have seen common sense prevail but this is rugby league and we don’t have any of that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Given we had a backloaded 2020 through the covid outbreak, a short pre-season into 2021 and then a twenty-seven round 2022 season leading into a World Cup and a shorter turnaround into the 2023 season, I would have liked to have seen common sense prevail but this is rugby league and we don’t have any of that. 

Common sense not seen much in RL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's Rugby League, even with the sanitisation effective programme it is still a high collision impact game what do you expect, I would class the players that remain in good health or should I say availble throughout the season as Lucky.

 

Just because that is the case, it doesn't mean there arent things to reduce the risk i.e. longer pre seasons, not playing a stupid amount of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Live after death said:

Leeds by 10, winning try to be called d forward by all rovers fans even though it will be perfectly fine.

Can't beat a bit of irony in a post.... the South Stand at Headingley can give Rervers fans a run for their money on this one!😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, V02 said:

Just because that is the case, it doesn't mean there arent things to reduce the risk i.e. longer pre seasons, not playing a stupid amount of games.

I well remember when 40+ games a season was the norm and for the better lads regular test matches to boot, AND most - not all - did a physical full timel job as well, but we now live in this "bubble wrap" litigation society we live in today where everything has to have an excuse and or a blame culture. Please tell me honestly do you really consider to a fit full time player who does nothing else but train and if lucky play 27 league plus cup games to a maximum of 4 more games and that for the finalists is excessive?

I can think of quite a few thousand player's from yesteryear who would have been overwhelmed to have the facilities and lifestyle of those in SL today, and just thinking about that if remuneration was adequate enough for a good number of lower division players to be full time rugby players they would most probably jump at the opportunity if presented to them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I well remember when 40+ games a season was the norm and for the better lads regular test matches to boot, AND most - not all - did a physical full timel job as well, but we now live in this "bubble wrap" litigation society we live in today where everything has to have an excuse and or a blame culture. Please tell me honestly do you really consider to a fit full time player who does nothing else but train and if lucky play 27 league plus cup games to a maximum of 4 more games and that for the finalists is excessive?

You really haven't got to grips with how different, and how much more physically demanding, Rugby League in 2022 is compared to 40 years ago have you?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I well remember when 40+ games a season was the norm and for the better lads regular test matches to boot, AND most - not all - did a physical full timel job as well, but we now live in this "bubble wrap" litigation society we live in today where everything has to have an excuse and or a blame culture. Please tell me honestly do you really consider to a fit full time player who does nothing else but train and if lucky play 27 league plus cup games to a maximum of 4 more games and that for the finalists is excessive?

I can think of quite a few thousand player's from yesteryear who would have been overwhelmed to have the facilities and lifestyle of those in SL today, and just thinking about that if remuneration was adequate enough for a good number of lower division players to be full time rugby players they would most probably jump at the opportunity if presented to them.

That was a far slower and less intense game. None of what you said changes the fact that there are easy fixes available to reduce injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, M j M said:

You really haven't got to grips with how different, and how much more physically demanding, Rugby League in 2022 is compared to 40 years ago have you?

I would wager you didn't watch or play the game 40+ years ago everthing is so much better these days, I may just have the advantage over you, I have seen it all from 1963 onwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would wager you didn't watch or play the game 40+ years ago everthing is so much better these days, I may just have the advantage over you, I have seen it all from 1963 onwards.

Firstly, as ever, you're wrong about what you think you know about other people.

Secondly you reveal yourself by suggesting I said anything about "better or worse" - you put those value judgements in yourself.

But only a complete dingbat would think the physical intensity and violence of the collisions isn't materially different compared to pre-SL and/or pre-10m rule. Indeed for some of the folk living in the past this is part of the problem with modern Rugby League. Denying it is bonkers.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please tell me honestly do you really consider to a fit full time player who does nothing else but train and if lucky play 27 league plus cup games to a maximum of 4 more games and that for the finalists is excessive?

Given that we have piles of injured players all over the shop, perhaps it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/08/2022 at 08:46, Harry Stottle said:

You sod, I nearly spit my cornflakes out all over the table reading that, Hull has as much in common with Puerto Banus, as Kabul has to Henly-on-Thames.

Never heard of Puerto Banus so I googled it. I couldn't see any evidence of a ferry or container terminal or any bulk cargo handling facility. What kind of fake puerto is that?

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...