The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

18 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Looking like Hallas to Australia. Thought he'd signed for 18 months. 🤔

I consider that's not quite far enough away. 😉

George Harrison had a big album in the 1970's ... All Things Must Pass. I suspect Sam Hallas has never heard of it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I consider that's not quite far enough away. 😉

George Harrison had a big album in the 1970's ... All Things Must Pass. I suspect Sam Hallas has never heard of it.

Ouch. Lol. All about decisions. Was great pre Newcastle. Seemed like the move disrupted him. Not the greatest with the ball but heart on sleeve player or was...

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

15 hours ago, binosh said:

Toulouse haven’t signed anyone yet and released a lot! Have they given up?

A few days ago I was trying to work out who had left and who was staying at Toulouse and I came up with this list (may not be 100% correct)
Staying
Olly Ashall-Bott
Benjamin Laguerre
Latrell Schaumkel
Matthieu Jussuame
Paul Marcon
Lambert Belmas
Guy Armitage
Harrison Hansen
Joe Bretherton
Maxime Stefani
Anthony Marion
Dom Peyroux
Eloi Pelissier
Hugo Pezet

Leaving
Justin Sangare
Cory Norman
Romain Navarette
Matty Russell
Chris Hankinson
Maxime Puech
Lucas Albert
Andrew Dixon
Tony Gigot
Nathan Peats
Lloyd White
Joseph Paulo
Mitch Garbutt

Not sure about one or two others ( such as James Cunningham, Ilias Bergal, Daniel Alvaro).

On the one hand, I think 11 of the staying players played in their final SL game where they gave a good account at St Helens, so they are still going to have the nucleus of a strong squad at Championship level.

On the other hand, they have lost a lot of quality players, and it sounds like they are going to be relying on a lot of younger players stepping up from their reserves or maybe other Elite 1 teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Declan Patton on his way out at Bradford. Rumours he was a trouble causer hence club looking to move him on.

Wonder how that's going to work. He signed a contract extension to the end of 2023 earlier this year and I can't see any club being daft enough to take that on given how pear-shaped his season went, so are Bradford set to pay off what is presumably one of their highest earners?

14 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Similar if not better than Leigh at this stage last year,they didn’t do too badly.

Nothing whatsoever like Leigh at this stage last year, we had 5 players signed on and no coach, but that last bit the coach could be the telling factor I doubt that Sylvain Houles has either the contact book or respect that Adrian Lam has in enticing players to the club, especially those from overseas.

• Haha 3

NRL Market Watch: John Bateman to ink three-year deal with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers will unleash a formidable forward pack in 2023, with a superstar Englishman all but locking in his NRL return with the joint-venture.

David Riccio David Riccio
Follow

@DaveRic1

3 min read
November 2, 2022 - 1:34PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Wests Tigers are in the final stages of signing-off on a deal to bring English International John Bateman back to the NRL.
In a move that could finally drag the Wests Tigers out of the competition cellar, the 29-year-old is eyeing a three-year deal to join a new-look Tigers pack that will include premiership-winning hooker Api Koroisau and Kiwi international Isaiah Papali'I.
On top of the recruitment of Koroisau, Papalii and almost certainly Bateman, the Tigers are also aiming to add either David Klemmer or Tyson Frizell from Newcastle to their pack for 2023.
Klemmer is the frontrunner to link with the Tigers - and his acquisition doesn’t require losing halfback Luke Brooks.
The forward pack overhaul could prove defining for the Wests Tigers, who already boast key forwards Stefano Utoikamano, Joe Ofehengaue, Alex Twal and promising prop Fonua Pole.

John Bateman is set to join Wests Tigers next in 2023.

John Bateman is set to join Wests Tigers next in 2023.

In order to sign Bateman, Wests Tigers senior management are comfortable with paying the key forward’s English club, Wigan, a transfer fee, as he still has two years remaining on his Super League contract.
The figure believed to be around $250,000 AUD is paid directly from club to club and would sit outside the Tigers salary cap.
The 29-year-old would return to the NRL with a glowing reputation in the eyes of fans after two quality seasons in the NRL (2019-2020) with Canberra.
Bateman helped transform the Raiders in 2019 with his powerful running game and defensive nous earning him the 2019 Dally M second-rower of the year award.
The recruitment of Bateman has been led by head coach Tim Sheens, who believes the no-nonsense forward will instil genuine steel and leadership to the Tigers.
The Tigers are hoping to sign-off on the deal in the coming days.