The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

16 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Err how lol.

If you're the OP, selecting the "Edit" option will also allow you to alter the title. Otherwise, only the mods can change it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Mumby Magic changed the title to The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread
36 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

This thread should be a sticky mods.

By the way I am massively impressed with that Wigan video. Big tick from me. The inclusive side that is, sort of imagined Mago at Solly, but hey ho.

I've said it before, but whoever's doing the social media and general PR at Wigan is 100% on top of their game.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 13/09/2023 at 07:39, Fevrover said:

Morgan Smith and Nathan Massey off to Hull fc.

Smith appears to be a done deal certainly, and I think it's a good addition. Don't think he will start at either 7 or 9 when everyone is fit but he provides good cover and gives us options off the bench.

That's the first I've heard Massey mentioned. I'd be a little bit surprised if it's true because it seems to go against Tony Smith's general recruitment strategy of younger guys who he feels he can mould and develop. I do think he still has something to offer for a year or two though.

On 14/09/2023 at 21:17, MZH said:

Smith appears to be a done deal certainly, and I think it's a good addition. Don't think he will start at either 7 or 9 when everyone is fit but he provides good cover and gives us options off the bench.

That's the first I've heard Massey mentioned. I'd be a little bit surprised if it's true because it seems to go against Tony Smith's general recruitment strategy of younger guys who he feels he can mould and develop. I do think he still has something to offer for a year or two though.

Been told Massey is Feath bound, Watts possibly too.

32 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Luke Hooley to Cas been mentioned.

Probably wouldn’t get much game time at Leeds to be fair.

we have Lachy Miller, Richie Myler and Alfie Edgell who will get some game time at 1 next year.

Ive been really impressed with how Hooley came back from that nightmare debut at Hull KR, he’s a decent player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Probably wouldn’t get much game time at Leeds to be fair.

we have Lachy Miller, Richie Myler and Alfie Edgell who will get some game time at 1 next year.

Ive been really impressed with how Hooley came back from that nightmare debut at Hull KR, he’s a decent player

He’s a lower tier SL player at best. I wouldn’t miss him 

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Tom Deakin, hooker for Roosters set to sign for Huddersfield, his father is English so wouldn't count on quota.

watch most roosters games - never heard of him?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 14/09/2023 at 14:21, Mumby Magic said:

Sam Hallas back to Bradford again.

New thread for next season or keep this going?

The timescale would be tricky.

Signing Sam Hallas would take us back two years.

He's not a good enough distributor at hooker and he's not big enough at prop. He spends the half his time looking for a fight and is a penalty machine.

If we get a previous hooker back, it should be Adam O'Brien or (preferably) Reiss Butterworth

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police