The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

On 03/10/2023 at 13:56, Barley Mow said:

Is that Leeds, Saints and Leigh that have all been reported as trying to get Croft now?

I didn’t know Saints had shown any interest in him Barley. They won’t be interested if it means there is a transfer involved. 

First it was Dupree, and now possibly Croft, Brierley and Lafai all leaving Salford who get other clubs rejects in return, I'd be livid if I had invested in Salford earlier this year when they were saying we no longer sell our best players, shocking on many levels.

Edited by DG70

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Hugo Salabio and Liam Hood to Fartown, Jermaine McGillvary the other way i've heard.

Hugo Salabio Highly touted young French foward, Got some game time for Wakefield this year. Hopefully he can become a first grade regular.

10 hours ago, daz39 said:

Hugo Salabio and Liam Hood to Fartown, Jermaine McGillvary the other way i've heard.

9 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Signing Hood would be proof Watson has truly lost the plot. He’s way past super league level these days. 

Shame about Salabio, if true, as he looked a decent prospect but if Hood is cleared as part of the deal it's not all bad news.  McGillvary in place of Kershaw, who appears to be undecided again, would be an improvement as a stand alone signing anyways.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Signing Hood would be proof Watson has truly lost the plot. He’s way past super league level these days. 

Some people have thought along those lines for some time now but i don't think he will be daft enough to sign Hood surely.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

On 03/10/2023 at 22:03, LeytherRob said:

Not announced officially, but he has 100% signed for Leigh next year along with Norman, Baxter, Brogan and Macnamara. 

Pretty sure Lam said there would be 7 new signings. I imagine these 4, Trout plus maybe Milford? I hope the 7th is someone that can come in and challenge for a place in the backline. I'd like to see a winger come in that is difficult to put down when we're coming away from our line. Briscoe has been too easily forced back, which has led to us being penned in and pretty much nilified Lam and Ipape.

With these signings, I imagine we'll have a non-fed spot free, which is quite a contrast to this time last year!

14 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Hayley Sironen to Catalans.  Another connection between MvNamara and his past NRL clubs.  To replace Whitley I would imagine.

Bayley, not Hayley. Info & stats here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayley_Sironen 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Pretty sure Lam said there would be 7 new signings. I imagine these 4, Trout plus maybe Milford? I hope the 7th is someone that can come in and challenge for a place in the backline. I'd like to see a winger come in that is difficult to put down when we're coming away from our line. Briscoe has been too easily forced back, which has led to us being penned in and pretty much nilified Lam and Ipape.

With these signings, I imagine we'll have a non-fed spot free, which is quite a contrast to this time last year!

Jack Darbyshire has also been mentioned by Matt Shaw as coming in, who is a young outside back from Warrington and their academy player of the year in 2022. There is an NRL half coming to replace Reynolds although i didn't have a name confirmed so could be Milford or someone else.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with how the Wigan squad is developing for next season and it is great to see the investment by the club. Dupree and Thompson are two top quality props, then Mago and a plethora of good young props such as Liam Byrne and Ethan Havard give us a really strong prop rotation. The pack has been a real weakness over the years and that is by far the strongest we have been in that position for a good decade.

Then with Wardle producing the goods at centre and the signing of Keighran that is another problem position, up to this season anyway, taken care of. There has always been pretty good strength in depth everywhere else.

Looking good and its great to have this in place well before next season too.

Edited by Damien

37 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Jack Darbyshire has also been mentioned by Matt Shaw as coming in, who is a young outside back from Warrington and their academy player of the year in 2022. There is an NRL half coming to replace Reynolds although i didn't have a name confirmed so could be Milford or someone else.

I just hope that he, and Brogan, Baxter and McNamara are deemed closer to first team contention than a number of the 2023 squad, who frankly were never going to play. But I suspect they are signings to pad the squad out to allow for next season's reserves

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

I have to say I'm pretty happy with how the Wigan squad is developing for next season and it is great to see the investment by the club. Dupree and Thompson are two top quality props, then Mago and a plethora of good young props such as Liam Byrne and Ethan Havard give us a really strong prop rotation. The pack has been a real weakness over the years and that is by far the strongest we have been in that position for a good decade.

Then with Wardle producing the goods at centre and the signing of Keighran that is another problem position, up to this season anyway, taken care of. There has always been pretty good strength in depth everywhere else.

Looking good and its great to have this in place well before next season too.

Fair to say that Wigan haven't messed around with their recruitment for next year!

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

I just hope that he, and Brogan, Baxter and McNamara are deemed closer to first team contention than a number of the 2023 squad, who frankly were never going to play. But I suspect they are signings to pad the squad out to allow for next season's reserves

Lam sees Macnamara as the interchange hooker next year so he'll likely be occupying one of the bench spots. Baxter, Brogan and Darbyshire will likely be more medium term signings for depth/reserves although there seems to be quite a bit of optimism about Brogan's potential in a full time environment. Trout and Norman are the key signings for our strength in depth for me and will actually give us solid interchange options for Mulhern and Amone along with Nakubuwai who looks like might be staying unless we can find a suitable non-quote replacement. I'm hoping we'll see a bit more of Hanley and Gannon next year