Jump to content

Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)


daz39
 Share

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos
      3
    • Huddersfield Giants
      5

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

MOTM Myler. His team is losing with five minutes left. He gets a crafty penalty and possibly their best player binned, then Leeds score. 

This is professional sport, not a primary school play. 

nah, not having that. Last thing we want is the sport turning into football with players play acting for penalties. It needs stamping out ASAP.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris Hill looking like he’s searching for a short ###### to have a friendly word 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Difficult one that.  Yes, Myler put his arsenal up and head down but he didn't force Hill to pick him up and drop him.

A penalty to Leeds amd get on with the game would have been my call.

Hill did not change his contact, grip or movement in any way. The action was entirely engineered by a cheating tossbag.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

MOTM Myler. His team is losing with five minutes left. He gets a crafty penalty and possibly their best player binned, then Leeds score. 

This is professional sport, not a primary school play. 

He's cheated Hudds out of a victory.

I used to be proud of RL, my favourite sport by a country mile, because I could say to soccerball fans, your sport is full of cheats and whichever team cheats the most wins.

Now people like Fages and Myler have taken a winning argument away from me.

  • Like 1

"When I saw the Pistols and The Clash I realised it didn't seem that difficult, they didn't seem like they could play very well either, so the thing was to form a band then work it out. We didn't even know who was going to play what - we passed around all the instruments until we found what we were comfortable with. I wasn't comfortable with any of them so I became the singer."

                                                                   Terry Hall on forming The Specials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barca Mum said:

Greenwood wasn't even holding him rugby league always pride themselves in honesty in the game but a lot of play acting and cheating by players are now catching up with footballers!!!

Leeds have mastered the play acting over the last 10 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One day Jenna is gonna smack Jon Wells - 

Jenna - "so Jon, tell us who is your player of the match"

JW - "hang on Jenna, we'll come to that later - I'm important, so first let me spout about players who aren't player of the match, waffle, waffle, waffle".

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dboy said:

One day Jenna is gonna smack Jon Wells - 

Jenna - "so Jon, tell us who is your player of the match"

JW - "hang on Jenna, we'll come to that later - I'm important, so first let me spout about players who aren't player of the match, waffle, waffle, waffle".

And he picks the wrong player

Hewitt by a mile 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dboy said:

Hill did not change his contact, grip or movement in any way. The action was entirely engineered by a cheating tossbag.

I have turned it off now but my impression from the replay was that Hill lifted him rather than simply releasing him.  Will have a look tomorrow

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

He's cheated Hudds out of a victory.

I used to be proud of RL, my favourite sport by a country mile, because I could say to soccerball fans, your sport is full of cheats and whichever team cheats the most wins.

Now people like Fages and Myler have taken a winning argument away from me.

It’s professional sport for pay and, ultimately, entertainment.

Sometimes we forget that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must admit,  I'm OK with those decisions.  Hill wouldn't let go.  And you can see he is flexing his muscles on Myler. 

The 2nd one was less fortunate,  but there is a duty of care,  when one player is low,  the one high has to be careful not to take the player down dangerously. 

They weren't the worst tackles ever,  but yellow for each was fine imo. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Blame myler and the ref all you want, the hudds goal kicker lost them that game

He had kicked them ahead until Myler cheated to get a player sin binned. Myler cheating and the ref falling for it robbed giants of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Blame myler and the ref all you want, the hudds goal kicker lost them that game

Not really, Huddersfield scored enough points to win then Myler cheated, the ref fell for it and Leeds got the win because of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dave T said:

I must admit,  I'm OK with those decisions.  Hill wouldn't let go.  And you can see he is flexing his muscles on Myler. 

The 2nd one was less fortunate,  but there is a duty of care,  when one player is low,  the one high has to be careful not to take the player down dangerously. 

They weren't the worst tackles ever,  but yellow for each was fine imo. 

Stop it with that fair and balanced post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...