Wilkin

45 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

it was nothing Alex Murphy wouldn't have done. But for some reason that meant he was 'a character'. 

If Sky had been covering Wembley in 1971 Murphy's actions there would have created the biggest scandal in the history of Rugby League.

• Like 3

On 25/08/2022 at 18:36, meast said:

I suspect Wilkin is the one paid to be controversial these days?

Anyone condoning cheating in sport can F-right off for me though, it's why I have zero interest in the premier league anymore, cheating and gamesmanship has become part of the game, "he felt contact so he's entitled to cheat" etc

How do you feel about Chris McQueen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

How do you feel about Chris McQueen?

He's a star, still going strong at 34, Lance Todd trophy winner, a recipient of 2 awards at the Giants awards evening.

Top scoring forward in the league and a pretty decent player.

How about you?

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, meast said:

He's a star, still going strong at 34, Lance Todd trophy winner, a recipient of 2 awards at the Giants awards evening.

Top scoring forward in the league and a pretty decent player.

How about you?

Great player in good form, but it seems he’s one of those ‘cheats’ that you and Ian Watson were really, really annoyed about a couple weeks ago.

57 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great player in good form, but it seems he’s one of those ‘cheats’ that you and Ian Watson were really, really annoyed about a couple weeks ago.

A cheat! Someone faking an incident to win a penalty at a crucial moment?!

Not in an Ian Watson team, else he would be out there decrying it!

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Takes a couple of watches but he does pull his leg out. Be interesting to see it from another angle. 

On 07/09/2022 at 07:23, Chrispmartha said:

How?

Are you referring to the penalty given when Jacob Miller pulled his leg as he was getting up when he realised he wasn't square and his defensive line wasn't set?

No cheating there, McQueen wanted to get on with it as we were stacked on our left, with a dogleg defensive line, no reason for him to milk anything in that situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 07/09/2022 at 10:39, bobbruce said:

Takes a couple of watches but he does pull his leg out. Be interesting to see it from another angle. 

A few thousand people in the stands saw it, the officials saw it, but some people on social media cry about it so that's the narrative.

Miller clearly pulls McQueen's leg.

• Like 2

Tho the thread has drifted far from the name  Wilkin.

Some on here will be glad to hear that on the "out of your league podcast". A statement was read that after a discussion with his family he has decided to step away from that podcast and his television duties....

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

41 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Some on here will be glad to hear that on the "out of your league podcast". A statement was read that after a discussion with his family he has decided to step away from that podcast and his television duties....

Im not surprised- he does get a lot of hateful stuff posted about him on SM it must take it’s toll and get to a point where it’s really not worth it.

43 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Sad if true. 

2 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

They were on the wind up

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

They were on the wind up

Sad if true.

He really does Sky no favours.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

his comments/conversation with jenne brooks yesterday on mark applegarth's appointment were pretty unprofessional

Never mind unprofessional, uninformed & ignorant spring to mind. It’s ok speaking your mind but he continues to present himself as a buffoon. At least when Terry O’Connor was interviewed he knew who Mark was & what a good job he had been doing since 2017.

I really can’t fathom what goes on at Sky with regard to their presentation of the game?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Never mind unprofessional, uninformed & ignorant spring to mind. It’s ok speaking your mind but he continues to present himself as a buffoon. At least when Terry O’Connor was interviewed he knew who Mark was & what a good job he had been doing since 2017.

I really can’t fathom what goes on at Sky with regard to their presentation of the game?

I don’t blame Wilkin in the slightest. I blame the producers at Sky who have sought Wilkin’s opinion despite him not having an informed one on Applegarth. It’s shocking, really. I suppose Wilkin could have lied or done some very quick homework on it but he, arguably, shouldn’t have been there in the first place, especially if, as you say, O’Connor (surprisingly) said something informed and sensible on the matter. 

On 07/09/2022 at 08:24, M j M said:

Huddersfield player accused of cheating says ''I don't know what possessed me!''.

image.jpeg.39849061597a6358998cdab788b9614e.jpeg

• Confused 1