Brodie Croft - Man of Steel

So it appears that in the midst of the love in for Peet winning COTY and Bevan French signing a new deal at the Piedome, the announcement for this year's Man of Steel has been overlooked.😎

Man of Steel: Brodie Croft of Salford Red Devils wins 2022 Steve Prescott award - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/62975371

Well deserved, bloody brilliant player, if I do say so myself.👏 Just a shame he didn't have a Grand Final appearance to show for all his efforts this season.

PS. Note to Wigan & Hudds. Hands off!!!👊

Edited by SalfordSlim
  • Like 9

I think it is the correct choice, for me he has been player of the year. 

Field has been fantastic also but I think Croft has the extra quality of bringing out the best in team mates not as talented, as well as being superb individually. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

So it appears that in the midst of the love in for Peet winning COTY and Bevan French signing a new deal at the Piedome, the announcement for this year's Man of Steel has been overlooked.😎

Man of Steel: Brodie Croft of Salford Red Devils wins 2022 Steve Prescott award - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/62975371

Well deserved, bloody brilliant player, if I do say so myself.👏 Just a shame he didn't have a Grand Final appearance to show for all his efforts this season.

PS. Note to Wigan & Hudds. Hands off!!!👊

another trent barrett.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

I'm really pleased for Brodie and The Red Devils, both deserve this attention.

We all know that there will be lots of interest from elsewhere in signing him, and so be it, thats sport.  But for the second time now, Salford have taken a talented and yet unhappy player from Australia and given him the right environment to recover and blossom to perform at the highest level in Superleague, that bodes massively well for the club's future signings.

A big achievement for Brodie, Ian Blease, Paul Rowley and all at the club.

Edited by Pete Grady
  • Like 6

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Well deserved - 2 ways to look at this, 

1 - he's a decent NRL player who came to SL for game time and his man of Steel award shows how poor SL is...

2 - he's a decent NRL player who was given a chance in SL in a well coached team to express himself and his Man of Steel award shows how NRL coaches are letting talent slip through their system....

Think we all know what option the NRL lovers on here will go for.

Congratulations. Brodie Croft deserves this. 

He has been simply outstanding on and off the field and alongside Jai Field and Bevan French, he is the kind of player the Game needs. 

It is said he infectiously brings a positive spirit to the team and is loving living in Manchester. (I mean who would not at that age.)

Jackson Hasting and now Brodie.

We have been blessed. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well deserved - 2 ways to look at this, 

1 - he's a decent NRL player who came to SL for game time and his man of Steel award shows how poor SL is...

2 - he's a decent NRL player who was given a chance in SL in a well coached team to express himself and his Man of Steel award shows how NRL coaches are letting talent slip through their system....

Think we all know what option the NRL lovers on here will go for.

It really doesn't need to be either of those. Your hatred of the NRL is really quite irrational at times.

• Confused 1

And at the Awards last night, it was said that SRD are in negotiations to extend his contract beyond 2023. 

It is clear that the people behind the scene, the club and the location amply allows "orphan" talented players the opportunity for resurrection. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

I think what is easily forgotten is that Croft has a very ordinary if not poor start to the season. It was from about May that he started to show his class.

Obviously in the second half of the season, he has been outstanding and, whilst we'll never know, if he and Ackers played on Saturday may have got Salford back to the Grand Final.

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

And at the Awards last night, it was said that SRD are in negotiations to extend his contract beyond 2023. 

It is clear that the people behind the scene, the club and the location amply allows "orphan" talented players the opportunity for resurrection. 

and did wigan not do that with field and french.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

3 hours ago, Damien said:

It really doesn't need to be either of those. Your hatred of the NRL is really quite irrational at times.

I'm a Roosters member mate - been to 4 matches this year when I was in Oz for work - love the NRL but its really not far and away better than SL.