RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

21 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Do you actually like RL marra?

Oh yes... here we go again. @Jim from Oz posts something relevant, truthful, and somewhat critical of the UK status quo.... and so you acuuse him of being a League-hater just because you can't handle the fact that he is right??

It's a rugby league forum son.... its about posting opinions. Some you agree with, some you don't.  👍🏽

• Confused 1

Well here we go for one last time: the ticket website as of now has zero availability for the final in categories E, D, D (standing) and C.

So people looking for tickets now will find that £110 is the cheapest option.

Maybe it's all true but does anyone really have faith in this any more?

Edited by The Ghost of 99

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Well here we go for one last time: the ticket website as of now has zero availability for the final in categories E, D, D (standing) and C.

No doubt the final crowd will look like the bottom of a rabbit hutch.

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Go on MUFC site, pick your seat - can still get tix from £62

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Nice does look a great city but I’m never sure how to pronounce it, is it Nice or is it Nice?

I pronounce it Nice but my wife says it’s Nice.

You say it like those biscuits you used to get.

Rhymes with scone. Similar to Shrewsbury.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

No. They said they’d sold 70k before the semi final (so assume 75% of that) and I doubt there’s been a flurry since. Can also see a fair few not bothering now too, so would guess the crowd will be around 55k. 

Edited by Eddie

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Nice does look a great city but I’m never sure how to pronounce it, is it Nice or is it Nice?

I pronounce it Nice but my wife says it’s Nice.

How does your niece say it? (If you are blessed with one, of course!)

Edited by Northern Eel

7 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Semi final at York looked excellent tonight. A near full house at York is a massive step forward.

Yep, almost double the previous highest RL attendance at the stadium, and only a few hundred off the record (set by York City in their promotion playoff final last season). I’m convinced with some clever planning and working with partners the championship summer bash in 2023 there can be a success.

• Like 3

This World Cup is taking rugby league to a new audience.

Amongst the fellow spectators I spoke to at the LNER Stadium, York, last night were two women - must have been pushing 70 - who had come over from Staveley (near Kendal), having enjoyed watching the women's matches on the BBC. I told them Barrow had a team in the women's Super League (which was news to them), should they wish to see more live stuff nearer home.

After the Australia-PNG game, I got chatting to a woman with two young sons who were wearing 'Owls' hats. As I'd suspected, they were Sheffield Wednesday FC supporters. She'd been given free tickets (as a result of a friend's involvement with PNG, I think she said). None had watched "rugby" before.

The mum, who described Wednesday as a "lovely family club" (many of my wider family are Owls), was clearly taken aback by the speed and physicality of the game. "Is it always like this?" she asked. Interestingly, she was fascinated by the different sizes of the players - and how each found a role to play. "We'd like to go to rugby again," she said. I suggested Sheffield Eagles would welcome them along.

On top of that...

The twenty-something lad in the seat next to mine hailed from Northampton. He'd grown up watching Northampton RU (his Liverpool-born dad is a season ticket-holder of 20 years' standing) and Northampton Town FC. He'd discovered rugby league whilst studying at Leeds University then found his way, by accident, to the women's branch of the game after becoming mates with one of the Leeds Rhinos Women players. Never misses any of the women's games, he said. He recalled his disappointment over the failure to happen of the proposed semi-pro men's team based at Sixfields, the Northampton Town FC ground. The fact Northampton did, some years ago, have a decent amateur rugby league team was news to him. Before his time, I think!

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I hope the RFL are taking note of just how popular the Women's and Wheelchair games have been, despite some of the less than desirable timeslots.

8,261, 5,471 and 7,139 are the crowds England has drawn to Women's matches when not played as curtain-raisers. They are solid crowds, especially for the two largest, as one was on a Tuesday afternoon and the other was on a Monday night.

The fact each has drawn over 500K on BBC as well just adds to the solid crowds.

In the Wheelchair, we had 3,033, 3,268 and 3,847 for the three England games in London and then a sold out Semi in Sheffield, plus then TV audiences over 300K.

Now if IMG and the RFL are smart, they would be trying to lock in as many matches as possible for these two teams on the BBC in 2023 and beyond.  Unlike the Men, which are all pro and have restrictions on when they can play, and cost a lot just to put on the field, the Wheelchair & Women’s teams don't have those same restrictions or costs and are a marketable product in their own right.

• Like 5

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

I know I am being lazy......

anyone off the top of their head know the price ranges for the Women's and Ladies games?

http://www.rlwc2021.com/uploads/docs/RLWC2021_Full_Pricing_Matrix.pdf

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It wouldn’t have taken much more time for you to look it up than type that out! 

Ha ! 

So £20 each. Was curious given the crowds in relation to the men's group stages.

13649.png

38 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

I hope the RFL are taking note of just how popular the Women's and Wheelchair games have been, despite some of the less than desirable timeslots.

8,261, 5,471 and 7,139 are the crowds England has drawn to Women's matches when not played as curtain-raisers. They are solid crowds, especially for the two largest, as one was on a Tuesday afternoon and the other was on a Monday night.

The fact each has drawn over 500K on BBC as well just adds to the solid crowds.

In the Wheelchair, we had 3,033, 3,268 and 3,847 for the three England games in London and then a sold out Semi in Sheffield, plus then TV audiences over 300K.

Now if IMG and the RFL are smart, they would be trying to lock in as many matches as possible for these two teams on the BBC in 2023 and beyond.  Unlike the Men, which are all pro and have restrictions on when they can play, and cost a lot just to put on the field, the Wheelchair & Women’s teams don't have those same restrictions or costs and are a marketable product in their own right.

Absolutely - especially given what seems like an upward trend in women's sport following the Lionesses' World Cup win, and also what seems like a push in disability sport (at least around rugby league).

They'd do well to capitalise on this IMO, especially on the Beeb where live sport isn't exactly all over the place (although already has the women's football Super League so you've got a potential market there straight away).

• Like 2